Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Want to pick your brains

I posted before with this same question, but I have just heard from a guy who used to own a 1999 F250 Superduty with the 7.3 liter diesel, and he had the same problem that I am experiencing now. He also was having an issue with his truck coughing and sometimes stalling when ever there was a light misty fog or a light drizzle. He had told me that his mechanic had found the problem to be with the O2 sensor, and once changed it straightened out and ran fine again. My question now is, how many O2 sensors are there on a 2000 7.3 liter engine, and where are they. Also do you need to hook it up to a snap-on computer to change these sensors. Thank you for any help you can offer me on this problem. Blessings to all, Rob

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
bumpety bump

blacksnapon

Staff member
I would be tempted to start with the pass through connector on the valve cover gaskets, or the IDM behind the driver inner fender panel. Water intrusion at either spot can cause headaches.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I would be tempted to start with the pass through connector on the valve cover gaskets, or the IDM behind the driver inner fender panel. Water intrusion at either spot can cause headaches.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid The IDM's get water in them often. Ever have it scaned for codes? Also the CMP's go all the time on them accually have a recall open now, will cause it to do funky stuff.

Ford Truck Articles