Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Started on the Interior

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Well I got most of my interior apart to clean and hopefully I can find some paint to match the interior. My family will hate me after this LOL

100_3225.jpg

100_3226.jpg

100_3227.jpg

100_3228.jpg

100_3229.jpg

100_3230.jpg

100_3231.jpg

100_3232.jpg

100_3232-500.jpg

100_3233.jpg

100_3234.jpg

100_3235.jpg

100_3236.jpg

100_3237.jpg

100_3238.jpg

100_3239.jpg

100_3240.jpg

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I know at NLOC a lot of members convert it over to MAF using mustang parts and computer.I will have to research that more later.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Looks like a lot of work. Are you finding any surprises? No dead bodies or anything?

I'm still looking for Jimmy Hoffa the seat is tomorrow. But this truck has more than the usual amount of dirt. Being a old farm truck it's not that bad.

Fellro

Staff member
I didn't know if it was throttle body injected or if it had fuel rails to do bank injection. They used speed density up till the 94-95.

Ryan

If it had throttle body, the intake would look more like it had a carburetor on it. The intake is the same between speed density and MAF, the difference is only in the control system. It has the same intake style as you should have on your W, which obviously is not a throttle body setup. The fuel rails are down low on it just like on yours, hard to see in the pics. Throttle body injection is typically only one or two injectors in the throttle body, which many mechanically uneducated people call a carb (have dealt with that more than you know) hence the name throttle body injection. You will not find injectors in the throttle body on a tuned intake runner setup such as is common on the Fords. Easy way to spot a throttle body style injection system is the lack of intake runners, it will have just the flat looking intake with the carb-looking throttle body on the flat of the intake.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Hi Cliff, the pics you took remind me of when I did my interior. Looks like complete chaos until it starts to be put back together. It is well worth the time and effort! Having a clean interior makes it a pleasure to get in and drive. :)

Thanks Roy, i am looking for interior paint locally. I hope I don't have to order online.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Hey Cliff, what kind of fuel injection is that???

Ryan

just typical Speed Density.. just in 85 they had the intake hoses go to the air box which was on the drivers side valve cover mounted. thats the only difference between that and the newer systems..

Factory MPFI I think it has speed density throttle body instead of the MAF.

speed density indeed. to convert it to MAF, you need ECU, Wiring harness, MAF sensor, and a few other little small odd's and in's.. but nothing major.. but with your truck being AOD it makes the MAF swap ALOT easier..

If it had throttle body, the intake would look more like it had a carburetor on it. The intake is the same between speed density and MAF, the difference is only in the control system. It has the same intake style as you should have on your W, which obviously is not a throttle body setup. The fuel rails are down low on it just like on yours, hard to see in the pics. Throttle body injection is typically only one or two injectors in the throttle body, which many mechanically uneducated people call a carb (have dealt with that more than you know) hence the name throttle body injection. You will not find injectors in the throttle body on a tuned intake runner setup such as is common on the Fords. Easy way to spot a throttle body style injection system is the lack of intake runners, it will have just the flat looking intake with the carb-looking throttle body on the flat of the intake.

bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chevy had Throttle Body injection on their 305's and 350's till atleast mid 90's.. for has had true fuel injection since mid 80's.

throttle body injection is just a FANCY carb

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok

I guess I use the wrong term for the intake.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
just typical Speed Density.. just in 85 they had the intake hoses go to the air box which was on the drivers side valve cover mounted. thats the only difference between that and the newer systems..

speed density indeed. to convert it to MAF, you need ECU, Wiring harness, MAF sensor, and a few other little small odd's and in's.. but nothing major.. but with your truck being AOD it makes the MAF swap ALOT easier..

bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chevy had Throttle Body injection on their 305's and 350's till atleast mid 90's.. for has had true fuel injection since mid 80's.

throttle body injection is just a FANCY carb

Thanks Chris I will look for MAF system later. You would not believe the crud on my engine,can't even see the valve covers. That will be my next little project cleaning the engine with some dress up goodies.

Fellro

Staff member
Doesn't matter if it is GM, Ford, or Toyota, a throttle body setup looks fairly close to a carb at a glance. All it means is the injector(s) is located in the throttle body, which is where the throttle plate is. In order to keep the fuel in suspension, it needs to be relatively close to the cylinder. If you had fuel run through all that length and turns in the tuned runners, you would have puddling. By the time the air gets to the valve, it is a fully developed flow, meaning it is consistent, so the atomization works better, were if you put the fuel flow at the throttle body, ad pass it through all that piping, you will have fuel dropping out of suspension.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts