Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Interior Whoring

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Put the interior back together today,and recleaned everything.I feel like being a whore,so I took some pics.

The horn pad isn't right for the truck,I threw it on the XLT steering wheel I got from the junkyard.The horn pad is from a van,so the grain is going in the wrong direction.I still haven't put on the new steering wheel,I still have to get a steering wheel puller,or find someone who has one I can borrow.I also still need to drill holes for two more trim pieces,get some carpet and insulation,and get a headliner and some Realtree material to finish the interior up entirely.And no,Door Panels still aren't in yet,i'm working on switching to the top pull door locks instead of the dumb sliders.

I tried to make the pics look like that in the 81 Ford Trucks Brochure

modelsandemblems1458.jpg

modelsandemblems1459.jpg

modelsandemblems1460.jpg

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Looking good Shaun. Where did you get the dash pad? Aftermarket or OEM? and is it just a cover or complete pad? My 86 could use one.

Fellro

Staff member
I want to say that looks like the dash in the 84 my old man bought new. My 86 looks more like the horn pad...

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Looks good . Didn't make it to upull yet . Seems the kids always have something needing done.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Is it my imagination....or is that steering wheel with the cruise buttons the same style as the 79's?

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Thanks everybody.

Looking good Shaun. Where did you get the dash pad? Aftermarket or OEM? and is it just a cover or complete pad? My 86 could use one.

Thanks.The dash pad is OEM.I got lucky and found one in relatively good condition.

Is it my imagination....or is that steering wheel with the cruise buttons the same style as the 79's?

No,it's the same style.The late 70's horn pads w/cruise just had burlwood instead.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Do you know what year they changed to the bigger center on the steering wheel?...mine has cc on it and is in pretty good shape, but the edges are starting to peel and I wouldn't mind finding a replacement.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Do you know what year they changed to the bigger center on the steering wheel?...mine has cc on it and is in pretty good shape, but the edges are starting to peel and I wouldn't mind finding a replacement.

86 was the last year for that center.If you get one from an 85-86,it will already be burlwood,but it might be faded.80-84 has the Rosewood like my cluster and radio bezels.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Well,the new XLT steering wheel is on.And I didn't even need a steering wheel puller.I guess I am stronger than I thought.Anyways,it looks awesome,and it's a big difference from the puny one from before.It no longer feels like the steering wheel is gonna break when I turn the wheels.I have pics,but i'm not a whore like Chris,so y'all will have to wait.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts