Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

351W High Output!

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Yours has a 2 tone paint job a option.

Mine has roll up windows, tilt wheel, ac ,am/fm stereo, light group, cruise control, factory bed rails

100_3223-500.jpg

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I don't know if it's a part of the Explorer package or not. I am going to do a little digging.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Red I found this and covers all ford trucks. I copied what it has for our trucks.

http://www.blueovaltrucks.com/resources/f-series_history.htm

For 1982–1986 the trim packages were:
  • Base - basically the same as the Custom of the previous years.
  • XL - replaced the intermediate Ranger trim for 1982 as the Ranger name would be used for Ford's new compact truck.
  • XLS- a new trim level that featured a blacked-out grille, bumpers, headlight bezels, and windshield trim. It also featured a stripe graphics package and black and silver dash trim. Available exterior colors were red, silver, and black.
  • XLT Lariat- featured floor carpeting, color-keyed headliner, a standard chrome grille, and optional power windows/door locks. In 1985 the tailgate trim was changed to a "flat" full width aluminum with a red "reflector" towards the bottom with chrome FORD letters.
  • Explorer - Was basically a step up from the XL line. The "Explorer" trim line received a higher geared rear end, an AM/FM radio, Chrome bumpers, Chrome fender well trim, and a chrome grill. The Explorer Line would later be dropped to introduce the Ford Explorer SUV in 1991.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Not a problem it helps us all. I am still looking for more information. I have a Ford truck book let me see if I can find it. I have no way to scan it but there is info that can be used.

Last edited:

tedrow42

Missouri Chapter member
Great looking motor I want 2 put a 351 in my 86 when I get time and find the right deal, my buddy told me just go with a creat engine but that's a bit much lol

updates???????.................??????????????????????/
Not really. Still in the shop. Waiting for it to get done so I can pick it up.
Great looking motor I want 2 put a 351 in my 86 when I get time and find the right deal, my buddy told me just go with a creat engine but that's a bit much lol

Thank ya! I'm sure you should be able to find a good running 351w around for fairly cheap.

Ford Truck Articles