Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

clutch equalizer bushings 81 F-100 4.9 4speed od

I need some help. My reserch so far has been a little confusing. The drawings on sites I'm finding for this application so far do not look like what I have. The bushings on the block mount stud and washers and clip look right, but on the frame mount side it is a larger size ball, and there really is not anything left to compare it to. This side also has a kind of a horse shoe shaped clip in it. Should this be a two piece busing and if so where do you purchase them? also clutch equalizer bar is shaped a little different in the drawings than I have and mine has clevises made on both ends, of the equalizer bar, one going to the clutch pedal rod and the other going to the clutch adjustment rod.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I need some help. My reserch so far has been a little confusing. The drawings on sites I'm finding for this application so far do not look like what I have. The bushings on the block mount stud and washers and clip look right, but on the frame mount side it is a larger size ball, and there really is not anything left to compare it to. This side also has a kind of a horse shoe shaped clip in it. Should this be a two piece busing and if so where do you purchase them? also clutch equalizer bar is shaped a little different in the drawings than I have and mine has clevises made on both ends, of the equalizer bar, one going to the clutch pedal rod and the other going to the clutch adjustment rod.
2) C1AA7543B (replaced C1AA7543A) .. Equalizer Bar Pivot Bushing / 5/8" I.D. / 1" O.D. / 1/2" thick.

Fits all V8 & I-6: 1965/82 F100/350 / 1966/82 Bronco / 1969/74 Econoline.

If someone changed one of the pivots, this is the reason why one size pivot bushing is larger than the other. A PO couldn't find the correct part, so substituted something else.

My guess is, the frame mounted pivot is the culprit, since the I.D. of the engine pivot is the same from 1965/82, but 1980/82 is a different part from 1965/79.

The clips fit on the end of the pivots to retain the bushings, there's also a felt washer on either side.

What city/state are you located in? I'll tell you where the parts can be found.

I am located in Anderson, Indiana. The frame mount pivot is a larger ball shape, most of the bushing is gone but I believe it might be a two piece bushing.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I am located in Anderson, Indiana. The frame mount pivot is a larger ball shape, most of the bushing is gone but I believe it might be a two piece bushing.
There is no such thing as a two piece bushing after 1964, and those were bronze.

All 1965/82 F100/350's have a one piece nylon bushing. Two are required, one on the engine pivot, one on the frame pivot.

I listed the specs in my other post, compare with your bushings.

The Problem I Have Is The Engine Side Pivot Is Much Smaller And Not A Ball Shape And Is Phisically Not Able To Fit Over Frame Mount Pivot, Also Frame Mount Side Has A Funny Shaped Clip That Has The 2 Ends Going Thru 2 Small Holes In The Equalizer Bar To Keep It, Locked Behind Larger Ball Pivot On Frame Side Instead Of C Type Clips I Have Seen In Catalogs But That Would Work On My Engine Side Pivot.

Can you tell me where I could find the frame mount pivot and frame bracket to replace it and would accept these bushings on both pivots. If I could post pictures on here of my parts it might make more sense as i have them all removed at present. I also have really bad wear on pedal assembly arm bracket that hooks to clutch pedal rod which is also almost wore thru and other end is is a whole instead of clevis and is wore I do not know but maybe requires buhings. My equalizer bar is also not shaped like the flat style bar LMC catalog it is more of a gradule U shape as I have seen in some catalog diagrams that said typical style for 80-82 Ford.

Ford Truck Articles