Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

oil pressure sending unit F-250

shademt

shademt
PA
that's what i thought didn't see it though. i see a wire running to something on the side of the block in front of the oil filter. if that's it, looks like a bear to get to.

shademt

shademt
PA
checked it out some more today..i see nothing at my oil filter which hangs straight down beside oil pan 2 big hoses going to it from radiator but i'll be darn if i see a sending unit..As i mentioned to the front of the oil filter on drivers side about half way on the block , above the engine crossmember i see what looks to be the oil pressure sending unit ...but i can barely get my hand in there...Best access is by taking air tube off and laying in there and reaching down through but you can't see anything while your doing it so it's a feel your way kinda thing..i can't even get the plug to come off when i push in the tab...I can't even really see the thing right...hoping it's it, but how the heck to get it out? without having to remove everything to get to it?

Last edited:

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
0900c152801e51c3.gif

shademt

shademt
PA
thanks for the diagram...looks like what i am seeing. but it's a bit tougher to get to than what the diagram shows..location looks the same though. thanks

shademt

shademt
PA
thanks for the info...put a new one in..didn't fix the problem...this cold weather one morning oil pressure dropped to zero when idling...was hoping it was the sending unit...looks like i'll be dropping the oil pan.

Ford Truck Articles