Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What is Considered Normal Oil Consumption

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Just try a 5w30 that's a high mileage.. It should help..

I've seen several modulars burn oil of the showroom floor.. It's in the head design.. No cam bearings, the bearig is the oil..

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
That's fine, what type full syn? The napa brand is actually a Valvoline Synpower rebottle. A solid "synthetic". Only reason I say it like that is it's got a G-III/G-III+ base as far as how I understand, but add pack is a lil bland compared to other "synthetics", but the G-III+ mix makes up for it

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Marquis (203K miles) uses a quart between changes (5K miles). Taurus doesn't seem to use a drop. Guess it depends on the motors. I've seen one car go 10K miles between changes without measurable consumption.

That's fine, what type full syn? The napa brand is actually a Valvoline Synpower rebottle. A solid "synthetic". Only reason I say it like that is it's got a G-III/G-III+ base as far as how I understand, but add pack is a lil bland compared to other "synthetics", but the G-III+ mix makes up for it

Its a NAPA brand but no specific name or type on it other than 5w20.
When I was looking I found a case of "Shell" full synthetic. I wonder when I bought that.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Lincoln...I go 10-15k between oil changes, it's never come off the safe level on the dipstick...oil consumption is non-existent in that car. Bronco...depends on what gaskets or seals are leaking.

Its a NAPA brand but no specific name or type on it other than 5w20.
When I was looking I found a case of "Shell" full synthetic. I wonder when I bought that.

5.0Flareside said:
Yeah if it's napa synthetic it's the Synpower rebottle..

Unless it's changed recently, Chris is correct...If you look on the NAPA bottle in the fine print it will read 'Ashland Chemical Co'., the parent company of Valvoline...

Ford Truck Articles