Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Are you guys using poly T/C mounts?

My 76' F-250 needs a set of transfer case mounts. I was hoping to come across a set of rubber mounts, but all I can find is poly from JBG.

I think that rubber mounts are going to be more forgiving as far as vibes are concerned. Has anyone had any problems with poly?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I was going to use all poly mounts and bushings for everything, they will hold up better and will let things like stabilizer bars work better. The poly might transmit a bit more vibration than rubber.
FWIW, I went all rubber OEM on mine as it won't see a lot of miles and will be stored in a climate controlled environment, if I was daily driving it I would have gone poly.

primetime

sawmill slave
FWIW, when I did poly axle pivot and radius arm bushings I was informed that the black colored Energy Suspension bushings are graphite impregnated to prevent them from squeking. They never did so maybe there is something to it.

Thanks for the information, I'll probably end up going with the readily available poly stuff this time around. I'm guessing the graphite impregnated stuff is used mainly for parts that see constant moment and deflection.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts