Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79 F-350 Lariat

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It doesn't have F-O-R-D on the hood? Meaning the hood was wrecked and replaced with a pre-78 hood. Also I'd figure he would actually have the lariat badges on there if they were true. It also looks like he used electrical tape to fill in some of the race track trim.

On Edit: I also thought 79's had the slot in the license plate holder area? His doesn't so possibly not a proper bumper?

I wanna know how that guy is still selling rigs on ebay, with a 100% feedback no less. Is it cuz most folks don't know any better? So they're happy with what they have...even if it's misrepresented.

Last edited:
Good eye Ben, I missed the hood letters. I noticed the lack of Lariat badges on the cowl. If you notice there are no holes for the badge either. For a 12K original mile truck there is quite a bit of explaining to do. I think he added the interior pieces to make the inside a Lariat but forgot about the most important part. Looks like it is missing the driver side drip rail molding to.

Edit for Ben, correct on the front bumper. It looks like a pre 77 bumper. Actually it looks like a cobbled together mutant. 12K, yeah right!

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think I'm gonna ask this guy some questions...nothing pisses me off worse than these types of sellers. And I've seen this guy be snakey WAAAAAAY too often.

I wanna know how that guy is still selling rigs on ebay, with a 100% feedback no less. Is it cuz most folks don't know any better? So they're happy with what they have...even if it's misrepresented.

Read his ad: Will end auction for a good offer. Plain and simple, most his stuff doesn't make it threw the complete auction, he ends the listing.

He won't answer my emails any more. After the fawking he gave me on the front axle we just don't get along.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright...I shot him a message, and this is what I said:

"Hi there...gonna try and jump in on the bidding because a 79 F350 4x4 is my dream truck. However, I have a couple questions first. Was the hood replaced at one time? Because 79's should have the F-O-R-D lettering on the hoods just above the grille, and this truck does not, nor does it look like there are holes there to insert the proper lettering. So this must be a pre-78 hood. Also, you say the truck is a Lariat, but there are no holes in the cowl to accept the badging? Why is this? Also to make sure the front is a D60, what size wrench do the cover bolts accept? 1/2"=D60, 9/16"=D44. Thanks for you time and answers, I am axiously awaiting a reply because I'm willing to throw the money at it so I win. Thank you."

And no, I'm not interested in the truck, and yes I know I got the diff bolt sizes backwards...I just wanted to see if he would agree with me and be wrong, come clean, make an effort to check, etc.

I'm curious to see his reply now. Don't forget to ask him why it is missing the drip rail molding on the DS to.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah I've asked him questions before, and never heckled him too bad, so I'm hoping to get a response.

As for the drip rail...check the 13th picture down...it's definitely there, just painted green, the PS side however is still chrome. Geez, for a truck with only 12k on the clock, seems like everything should still be stock...never knew you could get multi-colored drip rails before...haha.

On Edit: Just got an email back from him...and this is what it said:

"HI,

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING... IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DROP ME YOUR # I WILL CALL YOU THE OLD TRUCK.. IT IS MUCH BETTER WAY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS... THANKS AGAIN"

So should I give him my number? And is there a list of questions I should see if he can wriggle out of?

Last edited:
Eh, I don't think there is any molding there. It don't look like it to me.

won't hurt to give him your number, trust me he don't call much. Hell I had a hard time getting him to call me when I bought that 350 from him.

I'd just ask him why there is so much stuff not right on the truck for only supposed to have 12K on it. Ask him how he knows the 12K is legite.

This picture it kind of looks like the cab is drooping a bit by the way the molding is.
b1d0_1.JPG

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Nope he sure didn't...but I'll post up the answers he gives me here on the World Wide Web.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It's missing the Lariat emblems on the side.

Do you have a lariat? Your sig says it's just a XLT. In which case it should have the red XLT badge. I don't believe there's a XLT Lariat...it's one or the other.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey scott...you found me a 79 F350 SC 4x4 yet? I told you after you sold that other light brown on dk brown met. to find me another one.

Last edited:

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Geesh! Well, it still is a pretty truck.... but not what he is saying it is! OR what he is saying it is. Look at the picture of the floor on the passenger side in the photo with the door open (second to the last photo)... What is that.. could it be rust??!
Dak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
WOW...just got a call from the guy. The caller ID said his name was Adam Largent...same guy you talked to Scott?

Here's the skinny:
He told me he's already gotten hundreds of emails with interest, and all the bidders have above 1000 feedback, so he was surprised I contacted him because I have about 20.

For the front end...he said it was a plow truck, so he replaced the entire front clip with a '78 XLT truck (which doesn't explain the bumper, but oh well). He said the reason there are no holes for the F-O-R-D in the hood and no holes for the Lariat badge on the cowl is because they don't make the emblems with the prongs anymore...they're all the 3M stick on kind.

As far as the D60 is concerned, I tripped him up with what size wrench you need for the diff bolts. He said they took the 1/2". Then I told him I may have confused the sizes, he told me it's definitely the D60 and he knows because he's sold over 500 of these trucks on ebay.

Scott, you were right about the drip rail moulding...it's not there. I asked him about it, and he said he had never noticed. He then told me he looked out the window, and sure enough it wasn't there...but it was no big deal.

As for the 12,000 miles...he said he was 2000% sure they were original because it was a plow truck. Which threw me for a loop because he said the truck has ZERO rust, and has never had any.

He seemed like such a nice guy though...offering to find me the proper 'pronged' emblems for a low cost, and punching new holes to accept those emblems for another added in low cost. Funny thing about those emblems, a quick search on JBG brought up all the necessary 'pronged' emblems.

Some how in the conversation, it came up that he is a church going man, and has no need to lie about what he has posted, and has the experience with these trucks to know what's right or not. He also said, to the right buyer, he'd be willing to take $10,000 for it, but no less.

I may have forgotten to include something in writing this, but I had this page open, so I could cover any questions...so I do have the answers. All in all, seems like hog wash to me and some ignorant fool is gonna be completely happy with this truck.

Look at the picture of the floor on the passenger side in the photo with the door open (second to the last photo)... What is that.. could it be rust??!
Dak

This one? that is the no carpet look. I also notice he has no pictures of the interior on the driver side. Must be a reason for that.

da92_1.JPG

Ford Truck Articles