Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gen 6 SuperCab Club

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
The often overlooked addition to the Ford line in June of 1974 is the SuperCab.

All of you with new supercabs couldn't be here if it wasn't for us Gen 6 guys.

So, I want to start a thread all about the SuperCab Gen 1 - 1974 - 1979.

So ya wanna be in? Just post a pic and info and you get to put

"Gen 6 SuperCab Club Charter Member" or some such in your sig.

I'll go first

This is a 1974 F-100 SuperCab converted to a F-250. 390V8, C6 Trans.

My daily driver and work truck.

5-17-08003.jpg

Here's mine. 78 f250 camper special, D60's, 400,w/ manual. mostly all original.
78k original miles. driven 250 miles in the last 2 years
I'm the second owner. Been garage kept since new

Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
Can't post pics because the 79 my dad had went on down the road in 84... It was the first truck I ever drove (backroads as I was not old enough for a license or even permit..) It had a 400 that just couldn't seem to stay together. It got replace 4-5 times in those years.

good day i tried to post a pic of my f350 sc but the limit is 97 kb and according to my files my pics are between 4 to 500 kb being all through this computer and cant find any thing to change the size any help out there? thanks regurds joe

good day i tried to post a pic of my f350 sc but the limit is 97 kb and according to my files my pics are between 4 to 500 kb being all through this computer and cant find any thing to change the size any help out there? thanks regurds joe

I prefer to host my pictures on photobucket. It is free and I can upload huge files. Their software has a setting you click that sets the limit to whatever you want. I use 800 pixels wide for around here. Some people still have small screens.

miottimouse.JPG

Oh my, that has to be the or one of the finest '78's in existence today. How long have you owned it?

Sorry about the delay of my answer, I was looking up the date I bought it and got sidetracked and forgot about it.
I bought it in october of 2006 from the original owner in santa ynez,Cal.
and had it shipped to Virginia
It was on Ebay for 17 hours when I saw it, called the guy and clicked on "buy it now" after 5 minutes into the conversation.
Replaced a few things ,added a couple,and painted it.

miottimouse, I like that slide in camper. Is it the same year model as the truck ?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey there fellas, just wanted to throw my hat in here, and don't know if I can technically join this club, but here it goes. I used to have a 78 250 4x4 SC with the same paint scheme as the red truck in my sig. Had a 400/C6/205/60's Front and Rear/4.10's/35's. It was a great truck and I really have no idea why I got rid of the truck...mainly rust issues I guess, but not much on the body. I also currently have a 78 250 4x4 SC that I use as a parts truck. Sorry, no pics of either...so I guess the post is useless. Have a good one.

not sure as i just got it home and never realy had a good chance to look at it or try any thing out [fridge stove heater ect] other than that its in great shape for whatever year it is
i dont at this point in time know what the weight is untill i get it mounted back on the truck and go to the scales and weigh the unit but i will say when i brought the truck home from calmar to fox creek it didnt seem to pull very heavy

Here's my 78 F350 SC Camper Special w/460 auto ac. It only has 78k on it
WhiteGhost008.jpg

M78 I have swing out factory mirrors. I wonder if they used both kinds or it's because mines an F350

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles