Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today v2

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Well?

Very cool video! Yes, I want the HP's I can get along with the adjustments just magically happening as I change altitude. Plus the heat I get off of the 460 likes to boil that stinking alcohol gas, so a real pressure system to fix my issues. I mean my trucks issues, there is no fixing me.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Ole Green, in answer to your question about parts needed, I think it would be appropriate to post a new thread in the "Classified" section. Maybe a moderator can confirm this?

If you are worried about exposure, the thread will show up as a "New Post", which people will see and read. Hope that helps.

New blower motor in an A/C truck today. What a pain! Still working my way back out, will be changing out the vac lines, dash lights, repair or replace vent ducts, heater core (done), dash prep'd for paint, anything else I should consider? Dont really want to pull the dash out again anytime soon.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Might also want to consider changing the heater core while you're in there. Like you said, you only want to do that once! Brass heater cores are hard to find, but they are still available. Most of them are aluminum anymore. :headbang:

By the way love your truck Doug. Looks to be very similar to mine other than standard cab. racetrack molding tail gate trim, power slider etc. the same. Also looks like you have a bit of a lift. I went with skyjacker 4 inch, what is yours? Originally I just used F350 springs on the front end to squeeze 35s in, but did not have enough room to turn from stop to stop's with chains on, which is a no-no in Oregon.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Thank you. No lift. It is all stock. I originally had 33x9.50x15's with no problems, but those tires are hard to find. Now I have 31x10.50x15.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I moved the frame out in anticipation of doing some more filling and grinding.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
DNFX, what do you mean?

I moved it out from under a lift to where I can access it easier to do more filling (welding) and grinding of the frame in preparation for powdercoating.

Planning on spending some time on it Tuesday.

Maybe.

Frame off restoration? That is a big endeavor! I've been a year doing nothing but chasing drip rail rust, dents here and there, prepping for paint etc. today is canopy day, got a couple factory ford canopies going to pick the better and work it up for paint before the camping season.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Frame moved....and yeah before the abuse begins, I did work on it today...:p

20170411_104908.jpg

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26119

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
77 f250

Hello all,

This is my First post on this forum.

Today I removed the brake brackets from both sides of my firewall, removed the bolts that hold the bed to the frame, and I removed the body mount bolts.

As of right now, I'm waiting on my local machine shop to get back to me so I can go pick up my newly prepped block.

Ford Truck Articles