Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 1

Generation 1 1948-1952 F1 thru F8

Old 08-03-2015, 12:37 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
^^^Nice history. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2015, 07:07 AM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdog62563 View Post
"Rather rare"? I have the archive of known 51/52 F-2/F-3 Marmon Herrington conversions. There are five F-2s, five, CA, WY, UT, SD, and the eBay one in MI. This truck came from Rod Kruithoff's amazing M-H collection. I've spent time on my back under this truck studying for the restorations of my M-Hs. The color is claimed to be original, and it probably is since it is seen on the vin plate that the color code is SS. Obviously much of the glitz is wrong, simply done to Rod's taste as were all his trucks. But there is no way to replicate the professional restoration of this truck for under six figures. Having spent its life in Rod's personal museum it is no doubt, as the seller says, still perfect. Hopefully it finds a deserving new home. Stu
Oh wow.....are you surprised he took the ebay route? Thinking a high end auction/broker would have been the way to go...unless this person is testing the market......what do you think something like this worth in today's market to a non-collector?
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Old 08-03-2015, 08:19 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdog62563 View Post
"Rather rare"? I have the archive of known 51/52 F-2/F-3 Marmon Herrington conversions. There are five F-2s, five, CA, WY, UT, SD, and the eBay one in MI. This truck came from Rod Kruithoff's amazing M-H collection. I've spent time on my back under this truck studying for the restorations of my M-Hs. The color is claimed to be original, and it probably is since it is seen on the vin plate that the color code is SS. Obviously much of the glitz is wrong, simply done to Rod's taste as were all his trucks. But there is no way to replicate the professional restoration of this truck for under six figures. Having spent its life in Rod's personal museum it is no doubt, as the seller says, still perfect. Hopefully it finds a deserving new home. Stu
I see you have a F-3 M-H. How many of those are still in existence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 08-03-2015, 01:03 PM

truckdog62563 is a jewel in the roughtruckdog62563 is a jewel in the roughtruckdog62563 is a jewel in the roughtruckdog62563 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxreliever View Post
Oh wow.....are you surprised he took the ebay route? Thinking a high end auction/broker would have been the way to go...unless this person is testing the market......what do you think something like this worth in today's market to a non-collector?
Could be testing the market, or could be aiming at a world market. I recall a conversation I had with Rod where he mentioned a restored truck years ago that was purchased for serious money and taken to the one of the middle eastern oil producing countries. To me there are things that should be changed on the yellow truck, starting with the glitz, but to me it's still a $50-$75,000 truck.

Quote:
I see you have a F-3 M-H. How many of those are still in existence?
I did a count and have record of two dozen F-3s that survived into the computer age as either complete original trucks, or have survived as M-H component sets that can be fitted to donor 2wd trucks. Since all were conversions, it's very possible to do a conversion today that is identical to one done 65 years ago. Several I've found web references for that I've tried to track down but came to a dead end on. I have record of one Merc M-3, the rest Fords. Most of the F-3s/M-3, and all of the F-2s, are 51/52s having a two speed transfer case. M-H assigned model R32-4 to both the F-2 and F-3 conversions because they upgraded the F-2s to F-3 spec. But there are a few detail differences between the F-2 and F-3 conversions. A handful, all F-3s, are the earlier 48-51 model R3-4 having a single speed transfer case shared with the half ton model. I have two R3-4s and all, or complete components, for two R32-4s. I also parted out an early '53 F-250 (M254) that used the same components. Most of it now survives in trucks undergoing restoration. Stu
Old 08-14-2015, 12:41 AM

52 Merc has a spectacular aura about52 Merc has a spectacular aura about
Sold for $38,600. Sounds like a bargain.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:52 AM

truckdog62563 is a jewel in the roughtruckdog62563 is a jewel in the roughtruckdog62563 is a jewel in the roughtruckdog62563 is a jewel in the rough
I was a bit surprised that it met reserve and sold. So often eBay listings are intended to test, or create, the market. Hopefully the truck doesn't disappear into a collection never to be seen again. Stu

Last edited by truckdog62563; 08-14-2015 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:14 PM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
^^^That is some truck.....I believe I'd pay that price for that thing......but as already mentioned, it's probably valued a bit more considering the history and such.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Old 02-18-2016, 06:02 PM

IMWEL is on a distinguished road
I had a cool truck in Illinois. It got down to 20 degrees below zero one night. Cool trucks with 20 weight oil in the crankcase and an old battery sometimes don't start.
The roads were icy too, so it didn't stop so well either. Oh well, if it won't start, why
worry about stopping. Don't rely on anything I might say. I'm crazy.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

SuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMWEL View Post
I had a cool truck in Illinois. It got down to 20 degrees below zero one night. Cool trucks with 20 weight oil in the crankcase and an old battery sometimes don't start.
The roads were icy too, so it didn't stop so well either. Oh well, if it won't start, why
worry about stopping. Don't rely on anything I might say. I'm crazy.

You ok dude?

2011 F-150 XLT SuperCrew EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I have some other options if those don't work.

What's your view on sheep?
Old 02-19-2016, 02:37 PM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Denise? You back with a new screen name?

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp