Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

F150 Newbie

Hi, fellow ford pick up guys.
My name is Tim, Screen name GOP RIDER, republican motorcycle rider, (shame on me).
First off I am not a typical gear head but I like forums to discuss and find information on the rigs I drive, ride or hobbies I have. I don't love to but I can turn a wrench when and if I have to.
Recently I bought an 1988 rattle can painted beast.
It is a 1988 f150 xlt lariat extended cab 302 standard 5spd.
I've owned chevy and yotas, this my first FORD pick up.
I had an 87 full sized bronco but for just a short while.
This pick up I plan to use as a weekend warrior, and daily driver to work when it is to bad ride my motorcycle.
Ya I found out my model has the pretty bad gas mileage, no biggie my work is just a few miles. Driving a stick again is cool. The clutch is tight, no slipping or grinding. Tires are new, brakes are great. Engine has a lower knock that not bad. Runs smooth. I got a few things to fix to make it a daily driver.
My biggest problem is I got a rear driver side valve cover leak. I took it in . put it on a lift to make sure the main seal wasn't going. man what a relief. Just a valve cover leak. But hey this is my first efi pick up, looks like I have to take a lot of crap off to get to the covers.
So I am going buy the $30 cork gasket kit and do this myself and save 4hrs labor. Never taken off an intake before, I see that will have to come off. I can't even see the dam covers!
Anyhow any links, pics, vids and advice I can get I would greatly appreciate,
Thanks for reading my first post
Rider

Hey,welcome to the FTF place Tim!...smilieFordlogo

A good idea is to take pics step by step,so if you run in to problems
trying to figure out what goes where,you can go back an look at
your pics.Theres also some good folks here that are very knowledgable..:)

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Welcome, from the guy that's about 137 miles downwind from your backyard. :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts