Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'05 F250 5R110W Transmission compatability 4x4 to 4x2?

I've been looking for a used 5r110w 5-spd TorqShift auto to go into an '05 F250 and I've learned that the yokes are different, flange vs. slip, depending on the wheelbase. I have a 4x2 with extended cab and 8ft bed so it's the longer wheelbase. I've located a used, low mile, 4x4 transmission with no adapter to the transfer case, but I need to know if I can simply unbolt the tail section/shaft I have on my 4x2 trans and bolt it to the 4x4 trans to make it work. My truck has the gas 5.4L and so does the donor (I hear diesel version trans is slightly different and not compatible with gas motors).

Thanks.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Moved it for ya.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Not sure on specifics...but it seams to me the last few trans i did required disassembly to swap tail shafts. But those were older trannys. As said not sure on specifics.

Sent from my mudwhistle via lemmiwinks.

Not sure on specifics...but it seams to me the last few trans i did required disassembly to swap tail shafts. But those were older trannys. As said not sure on specifics.

Sent from my mudwhistle via lemmiwinks.

Thanks, Mud. I have gotten one response that said because I have a flange yoke, I can unbolt my tail/flange and bolt it up to the 4x4 trans. I guess if I had a slip yoke, then I would need to disassemble and change the output shaft to make it work. Let's hope this is correct and it'll work out.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts