Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Heating blower motor

My 2000 F250 seems to be going south all at one time. My blower motor quit on me the other day, and now is not a good time for that to happen. My question is what to check first after the fuse? I still have heat as long as the truck is moving, but the cold mornings at 6 am. and the windshield all frosted up are a bit tough. Thanks in advance for any information. Rob

Do you have a multimeter? Check the wires at the fan and see if you have voltage. If you have voltage there...I would think that the fan is bad.

If no voltage there...I would think it might have one of those Maxi fuses or even a relay under the hood. I will let those who know more about electrical offer their advice there.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Look at your blower motor resistor. Do you have the blower on low and medium, but not high? The resistor is very common to going bad.

Fellro

Staff member
smilieIagree Beat me to it... High fan will work when the resitor is totally burned out, if no high fan, but have lower speeds, fan relay is gone. and as Brian noted, check the voltage at the fan before getting too caried away to be sure it isn't the blower motor itself that is bad.

Ford Truck Articles