Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your 87-96 and 97 F250's and up

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I believe thats that sport trim package. I have seen a few like that.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
ok ok ok heres the best looking white truck out there!!! even though its got some dirt on it

P1020064.jpg

it actually doesn't have the light on top anymore

Old_Paint

Old guy with old cars
Alabama
Acarborne - that truck is gorgeous.

Tim - I've never seen stripes like that. Is it a trim package? What's it called?

Ryan

As I said in my post, in the 16 years I've owned it, I've seen maybe 10 with those stripes, and ONLY one black one (mine). That includes a LOT of states. It used to be my work pony for nearly 8 years, and being a field engineer, I've gone a lot of places in it. Anywhere between Grand Rapids, MI, to South Bay, FL, and a lot of side trips in between. That's a LOT of highway miles and seeing a LOT of Gen 9 trucks, yet so few with those stripes. This truck has been from one end of I-65 to the other (almost in the same day).

I stumbled right into owning that one. I got it used for $13,900 in 1992. With 16 miles on the odo. I was shopping for a new truck, but they were selling like hotcakes at that time, and local dealers only seemed to have plain-Jane white ones on the lot. I wanted the XLT package, minimum. What you see in the photo is what I bought, except for the bed liner and the CB. I've done NOTHING for mods to that truck. Other than the XLT trim, I find nothing to identify those stripes. I still have the orignal window sticker, and the stripes aren't even mentioned on that. I've searched and dug for hours on various Ford sites, and just simply cannot find even a name for them. It looks like Ford had something in mind for SVT when they put those stripes on, but abandoned the idea. Used up what stripes they had, and that was the end of it. I've seen them ONLY on 1992 models. 1993 was the first year with the high brake light, and 1992 only had the cargo light. Easy to pick out the 1992's because of that.

It's got a perfect setup for a light duty highway truck. Always, it's run about 20-22 highway, and about 12 city. The gearing is so tall, can't get past 4th in the city. I've towed a boat from here to KY and back, and had to go find 3rd on a couple hills on the interstate. Definitely not one for towing/hauling.

It's got nearly 160K on it now, and I put all but the original 16 miles on it. NO ONE but me drives this truck. The PO was in the service, and got transferred to Europe the same day he took delivery on the truck. It got titled, and that's ALL that made the truck used.

Old_Paint

Old guy with old cars
Alabama
I believe thats that sport trim package. I have seen a few like that.

The Lightning was available in 1992 (I looked at a few) but didn't have the $$$ for the sticker. From what you're saying, there was possibly an XLT Sport that never made it as a separate model identification? It does have the M5OD, so maybe that's what distinguished a Sport from the regular XLT that normally had the AOD. Don't think E4OD was available until 1993 or 1994. I know the M5OD was more common on the XL models than the XLT, because those tended to be scarfed up for work mules. Low base sticker price in 1992 kept this truck selling faster than Ford could make 'em.

I'd just like to find a place to order those decals from. It runs too good and is in too good condition to replace it, especially since I have no real need for another personal vehicle right now. I get a new company car every year now, so I don't have to worry about killing one for work.

heres some newer shots of my truck, courtesy of my friend Mikey.. pretty cool highway shots and show shots
l_56b19bf22fbcef95817051bb630b901a.jpg

l_9ee6ffd72bd34fb95006e672a8cb78bf.jpg

l_328f3cf798953dcf923552020d8238e3.jpg

l_006ecd892da3873b9fdd4ce929ca3d50.jpg

SIDE.jpg

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
The Lightning was available in 1992 (I looked at a few) but didn't have the $$$ for the sticker. From what you're saying, there was possibly an XLT Sport that never made it as a separate model identification? It does have the M5OD, so maybe that's what distinguished a Sport from the regular XLT that normally had the AOD. Don't think E4OD was available until 1993 or 1994. I know the M5OD was more common on the XL models than the XLT, because those tended to be scarfed up for work mules. Low base sticker price in 1992 kept this truck selling faster than Ford could make 'em.

I'd just like to find a place to order those decals from. It runs too good and is in too good condition to replace it, especially since I have no real need for another personal vehicle right now. I get a new company car every year now, so I don't have to worry about killing one for work.

I was lookin at a roll bar from a short bed XLT sport that had the stripes. He said the roll bar came with the truck. I forget what year it was. But it was stick with the stripes.

sicktight722

Greatest man alive
Here's my DD doing some work a couple of weeks after i got it. Nothing special about my truck, but its mine and I have no problems with it.

100_0560_00.jpg

Day I got it and gave it a well needed cleaning.
100_0552.jpg

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
wow i never saw this thread. been busy i guess

Between my roommates trucks..
101_0354.jpg

from utop of a bunker at happyjack recreation area (pole mountian) laramie, Wy
100_0900.jpg

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Before playtime
0819081759.jpg

Playtime
truckhill2.jpg

Sorry no "After" pics on this comp

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Here is mine:
100_0672-1.jpg

100_0670-1.jpg

S1050009.jpg

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
First two are back on our farm in Western ND, the last one is outside of Bismarck, ND (middle of the state)

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Here she is with the new grill.
IMG_0114.jpg

Ford Truck Articles