Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ranger Windshield Wipers Quit Working

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Hey guys-

I have a 2003 Ranger Edge - 4.0 - 5 spd.

This morning I fired it up to go to work and the wipers are not working. I turned them on and they went up once and stuck there and now will not move.

The washer sprayer still works, but the wipers do not move automatically when I hit the sprayer switch (as they should) either. So, I'm kind of ruling out the switch.

I had the wipers flipped up so they didn't freeze to the windshield. It is about 10 degrees here now. Could something just be frozen up? After a 1/2 hour drive to work they still are stuck in the up position.

Thanks-

blacksnapon

Staff member
Can you physicly move the wipers? They can freeze in the mechanism (ice gets in there).

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I sure hope that's all it is!

I'm going to check it out when I leave for lunch in a bit.

Thanks!

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
All is well! Wipers are moving normally!

It was just ice built up down below the top of the cowl. I couldn't really see it this morning at a glance, and didn't have the time to look closely.

Thanks again!

racsan

4xford
i had the exact same thing happen today, truck hadnt been driven for a few days, we had a real fine snow, then freezing rain, then more snow. the cowl area where the wiper linkage is was filled up with slush, it melted a little and refroze. i heated up some winshield washer fluid and poured into the cowl. thawed it out and works fine now.

Ford Truck Articles