Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Ranger Additions.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Anybody notice what's new?

picture056z.jpg

picture058t.jpg

Picked up some factory bed caps and some factory step bars yesterday at the Ranger Meet. :)

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Steps look good. I don't like the bed caps much personally, but if you do that is all that matters. I made a set of those steps fit an F250 for someone one time because he liked them so much.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The steps look good Shaun!

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Thanks guys!

Chris, the step bars will eventually be repainted, and the pads will get the back to black treatment.

As for the bed caps, those things always have a 75% hate rating. I'm part of the 25% that likes them. They keep the acorns from falling on my bedside and making small dents.:)

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I paid an extra $50 to get my Line-X sprayed over the rails...protects 'em, too. (I'm in the 75%...)

I'm also not a fan of step bars, though not on aesthetic grounds...my boots don't fit on top of 'em without hitting the rocker, so I can't use 'em if I want to. BUT, they collect snow, sand and salt...and transfer it to my pants when I climb in or out. I yanked 'em off mine after a couple months.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I paid an extra $50 to get my Line-X sprayed over the rails...protects 'em, too. (I'm in the 75%...)

I'm also not a fan of step bars, though not on aesthetic grounds...my boots don't fit on top of 'em without hitting the rocker, so I can't use 'em if I want to. BUT, they collect snow, sand and salt...and transfer it to my pants when I climb in or out. I yanked 'em off mine after a couple months.

One of the guys at the meet had his rails lined with bedliner. I didn't like the look. Made the top of the bed look like it sat lower than the windows, creating a dis-proportioned look. Plus, in five years I can see it peeling.

As far as step bars go, I live in Florida. Snow doesn't phase me.:) The new ones on my truck actually sit far enough out that they are functional. The old chrome ones I had were not, hence why I ditched them. I actually need to have the step bars for mom, as she has hard time getting into any truck.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts