Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'90 F250 5.8l V8 Emissions Components?

i recently got a 1990 F250 5.8l V8 from a friend. the engine had caught on fire about a year ago and burned up some of his emissions parts before he could put it out. i need to replace this stuff before i go get the truck smogged. i'm down to the final two parts - i know one of the parts is the EGR valve but i can't figure out from the manual what the other one is. it's a part on the front of the engine that looks like it was connected to the EGR. can anyone identify it for me? see attached photo.
thanks in advance.

Attachments

• tigheegr.jpg

primetime

sawmill slave
That`s the Idle Air Control (IAC). It`s attached exactly where it`s supposed to be.

On another note, you should get a longer throttle body coolant hose. The one that`s on there looks like it`s stretched pretty tight.

thanks for identifying that. the issue with that part, as it is on the truck right now, is that the wiring that connected it to the EGR valve has been removed (after the fire) and taped off with electrical tape. and there also seems to be some other wiring coming to it from the bottom of the engine block, that also is taped off. if i can assume that the IAC valve is ok and doesn't need to be replaced, where/how would i replace that wiring?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts