Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Doing head gaskets on the 50!

Can't wait to patch the pass side exhaust pipe where it's rotted. That's why it sounds like it has a leak. It will hopefully go out for a new exhaust system. In need to order 2 new 22'' smithy muffler and new tips from speedway motors. I still have front brakes to work on and put the hood back on. The weather here in ky is not bad so I might get it out this week!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished up the car tonight and drove it home!!! I will get some pics tomorrow when it's daylight. It was so fun to get it back on the road!!!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That sounds great!...and cool plate!

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Its always a great feeling to wrap up a project - even better when it sounds like that. Congrats!

Having a few issues with the car it seems that after it sits overnight It's not getting fuel up to the carb but the fuel pump is working and the bowl on the pump is full. So I'm thinking needle is stuck closed on float in carb. The pump is new. We ran into this after yesterday after it sat for a week so I thought it was just it sitting so long but I guess not. So I guess I need to look over all the lines and hoses to the tank too.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Wow, the car sounds fantastic. Nice work, and good luck getting the bugs out of it.

Ryan

Ok so after messing around with the car for a few hours I found the new fuel pump we put on is no good. Put old back on and instant fuel so now I have to charge the battery and I will hopefully drive it some more!!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Gotta love that with a new product.....:headbang:

Went out this morning to warm my jeep up and started the 50. Fired right up so I think on lunch I will switch vehicles for the rest of the day.

Next video I will try to get will be when the new exhaust is on. Can't wait for all the leaks to be gone. The car sounded awesome before the pipes got all rotted out. I have been driving all day today and it's so much fun!!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Once again, great pics!

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Awesomely SUUUWEEEEEEET ride!! Old cars especially old Fords, I go really ape chit over bananas for the 53 - 79 F-Series trucks, especially the
73-79 F-Series (Dents). For I had learned to drive on a an old Dent, and that same Dent was my first ride. So I had to find myself another old Ford truck, for the nostalgia bug had bitten me good and hard, which it is a guy thing .smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I'll PM you my address and phone number, we can talk shipping to my driveway....

Man that's gorgeous, ain't nothing today that rivals the lines of those cars...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts