Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

R.I.P. - Dono

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
carl it automatically blocks anything containing his correctly spelled screen name... I just read that entire thread again before i came over here and didn't see that post in it so you might wanna go back. i'll not get into what i think about that here cuz this is for dono...

oh, and i repped him too btw ;) good idea.

I asked Keith again and he may do it.

Note this. I asked IB Adrian yesterday to post my feelings ....so it just shows the amount of immaturity over there still.

copy and paste this, it bypasses the filters.

scan0005.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I like that poem a lot Dennis, thank you for sharing.

I lost my father to a car accident in December 2004 so those words have meaning for me. Again-- thanks.

Thanks Keith.

Preciate it.

Kep4

Jäger
I sure will miss Dono posting on the boards. He had a great sense of humor, biting humor as it were, and could always be counted on to balance out a debate no matter the subject. I was happy to rep him many times and sincerely appreciated the all the reps that I received from him. I was really looking forward to his post-election commentary.

I think it's great that his daughter was kind enough to share the news with his online friends.

Rest In Peace Dono. You will be missed by many. :(

00BlueOvalRanger

Old Fart Sharpshooter
I asked Keith again and he may do it.

Note this. I asked IB Adrian yesterday to post my feelings ....so it just shows the amount of immaturity over there still.

copy and paste this, it bypasses the filters.

scan0005.jpg

Well, I posted it.
It lasted just about an hour and a half.
Post has disappeared.

It was post #81, 82 or 83.

Last edited:

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Don's obituary.

http://www.legacy.com/dallasmorningnews/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=116917692
Don Outler
Outler, Don W. Passed away unexpectedly on Sept. 1, 2008. Don is preceded in death by his wife of 47 years, Janis Brooks Outler, his mother, Leota Outler and his sister, Betty Outler. He is survived by his children and their spouses, Patrick and Kimberly Outler, Kristi and Phillip Byrd and the seven grandchildren who adored their "Papa": Riley, Shea, Steed, Taylor, Hayley, Camryn and Kelsey. Prior to his retirement, Don worked in a variety of positions in the computer industry. His most enduring success however, was as a husband, father, grandfather and friend. All who knew Don will remember and miss his wit, his positive attitude and his whistle. "The greatest gift I ever had, came from God and I call him Dad". Rhoton Funeral Home 1511 N. Stemmons Frwy Carrollton (972) 242-5261 Dignity Memorial

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
K we've been sending PMs but I suppose I'll just make a general announcement.

If your posts have been deleted, don't be alarmed, we are heavily scrutinizing the posts in this thread out of respect for Don Outler. I think we all know that FTF is notorious for off-topic posts, but in this case lets try to keep it ON topic. Discussion of FTE and differences with members/admins there should be discussed elsewhere. Let's stick to giving our condolences for Dono, sure seems to me like he deserves nothing less.

Thanks Y'all.

Last edited:

00BlueOvalRanger

Old Fart Sharpshooter
Chris and Aaron,

Wil-co.

And thank you for your understanding. (Seriously.)

Keith

Please be advised that I have been on the phone with Don's son Pat and
I have sent him a link to this thread.

He had no idea that numerous sites were mourning his passing.

We all know how Don touched our lives ..even Banned guys :)

Awesome Dennis....I hope Pat and Kristi check in.

I would like to Chime in and say that Dono will be missed by me as well. Texas will not be the same. God Speed Don Outler.

Kep4

Jäger
K we've been sending PMs but I suppose I'll just make a general announcement.

If your posts have been deleted, don't be alarmed, we are heavily scrutinizing the posts in this thread out of respect for Don Outler. I think we all know that FTF is notorious for off-topic posts, but in this case lets try to keep it ON topic. Discussion of FTE and differences with members/admins there should be discussed elsewhere. Let's stick to giving our condolences for Dono, sure seems to me like he deserves nothing less.

Thanks Y'all.

Thanks Chris!

The focus should be on Don and his Family, including his 'internet Family'. :)

The party for Dono

I would like to thank everyone for your kind words and memories of my Dad. The party yesterday with our family and friends was very fun, he would have loved it. A couple of his and your posts were read for everyone. Although I will likely not return as often as Dono, I will come back to ask the advice of this FTE family when I have a question that I would have asked my Dad.

One of the stories that we told yesterday was from when my dad was young and dating my mother. At the time his only transportation was his motorcycle and he was out taking her out for a ride. As he cut through a field he hit a bump. My parents and the bike were each thrown in different directions. My dad got up, dusted himself off. He looked over at my mom and then walked over to inspect the bike. My mom was mad as she should have been and my dad’s come back was “skin grows back, motorcycle parts cost money”. Who knows, maybe that is was caused her to fall in love.

Thank you all.
PatO

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
...“skin grows back, motorcycle parts cost money”...

Even if I didn't remember your Dad from years back, this comment alone would make him my hero.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I would like to thank everyone for your kind words and memories of my Dad. The party yesterday with our family and friends was very fun, he would have loved it. A couple of his and your posts were read for everyone. Although I will likely not return as often as Dono, I will come back to ask the advice of this FTE family when I have a question that I would have asked my Dad.

One of the stories that we told yesterday was from when my dad was young and dating my mother. At the time his only transportation was his motorcycle and he was out taking her out for a ride. As he cut through a field he hit a bump. My parents and the bike were each thrown in different directions. My dad got up, dusted himself off. He looked over at my mom and then walked over to inspect the bike. My mom was mad as she should have been and my dad’s come back was “skin grows back, motorcycle parts cost money”. Who knows, maybe that is was caused her to fall in love.

Thank you all.
PatO

Thank you for that post. We feel honored to have known your dad.
angelsad2.gif

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Great post Pat, thanks for sharing with us. God bless your family and I hope nothing but the best for all of you.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts