Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Still no new posts from work.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've brought this topic up before...and was never able to come up with anything that helped or changed anything.

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34295

The problem remains the same, I can see new posts in my CP, but when I click on the New Posts button, it says nothing is new in the last 24 hours...most of the time. Some mornings I come in, and I do get 'new posts' to populate...as a matter of fact, yesterday morning, yesterday afternoon and this morning all worked fine.

I've tried fooling with the cookies. I've tried logging in and out. I've tried shutting down FTF on my phone. Any suggestions that have been made, I've tried. I'm assuming it's the computer, because even when I'm on my home network, the same thing happens. I just think it's weird that internittently, it'll work. And I don't have any issues with any other site from this computer.

Any other thoughts or suggestions???

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hmmmm...just tried Chrome, and it worked just fine. Thanks for the tip...sorta. I typically use IE8, but chrome seemed to work just fine...fixed any issues I was having on the iPhone too.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Ben, the only way I can get new posts or today's post to show up is to exit FTF, clear the history files, and then go to tools, internets options, delete browsing history, then go back to FTF.

This is on Windows 8 using IE 10.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Gross...when I log in from Chrome, it seems to be just fine so far.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ben, the only way I can get new posts or today's post to show up is to exit FTF, clear the history files, and then go to tools, internets options, delete browsing history, then go back to FTF.

This is on Windows 8 using IE 10.

Dang.....I don't have any of these problems on chrome, firefox, or my phone....using 7 on desktop.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Stay with 7 as long as you can! :headbang::headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OH YEAH!!! I'm going to do what I did with XP and hold on for dear life until I ABSOLUTELY have to upgrade and probably by then, it'll be Windows 23.

I'm still using 7. One day my pc did an auto update to 8. I had to take it off and put 7 back.

Holy *%$#!

We have 5 computer stations and 2 laptops, so in order to network all our computers, the same operating system helps with software like Microsoft Office, printers, etc. to be able to work on everyone's computer.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Subscribing to this thread. I have the same problem

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Thanks smokey!!!!

if it works, you'll see a lot more of me!

( maybe I shoulda waited to post that.....)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good to know Randy. Still to this day, my USER CP will show new posts to anything I subscribe to, but after my initial morning log on, I'll get a search error for new posts throughout the day.

Any chance you could leak what software you're going with??? My local 4x4 forum has had a nifty package for about a year now...you click on a thread and takes you directly to the first unread post and you can tag users in responses.

http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I can do this here now. I click on the little blue box with the down arrow in it.

Doesn't that just take you to the last post in the thread??? Maybe I've been looking at the wrong little blue box all these years.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Doesn't that just take you to the last post in the thread??? Maybe I've been looking at the wrong little blue box all these years.

Today 01:12 PM
by m78 >
That button takes you to the last post in the thread

Ford Truck Articles