Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Schaeffer's oil

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Any one used it? thinking about going with in my Powerstroke.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
ive heard of it... but never anything good or bad about it... so dunno what to tell you on it..

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Never heard of that brand.

X2. Back when I was in college and we were three sheets to the wind, needing more beer and unable to taste what we were drinking, we'd go buy Schaeffer beer because.......it was cheap.beer drinking smilie:beer::beer:

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
The beer I know. That stuff was harsh going down.

But after about six of them (beer bong to get it over with faster?) the harshness just wasn't really noticed. :rofl:

i have a buddy that thinks that stuff is the best thing ever. says the family's 7.3 saw and increase in oil pressure. the stuff they claim is cool but for me im not sure. we use there chain lube sticks at the dealership i work at

X2. Back when I was in college and we were three sheets to the wind, needing more beer and unable to taste what we were drinking, we'd go buy Schaeffer beer because.......it was cheap.beer drinking smilie:beer::beer:

Our equivalent was Ranfurly draught .

The beer I know. That stuff was harsh going down.

If it was anything like Ranfurly draught it would have tasted a whole lot worse in reverse ..... damn stuff grew carrots while it was in your guts too.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
The biggest question is why? With several synthetics that have more than proven themselves over the years, what will it do over the others? Amsoil, Royal Purple, Redline, and of course Mobil 1 just to name a few, would be my choice unless there is something specific in Schaeffer's that the 6.4 needs.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
The biggest question is why? With several synthetics that have more than proven themselves over the years, what will it do over the others? Amsoil, Royal Purple, Redline, and of course Mobil 1 just to name a few, would be my choice unless there is something specific in Schaeffer's that the 6.4 needs.

Super duper slick additives.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Well Tex, I saw the oil you're inquiring about in my local NAPA yesterday. $8.99/qt and the inventory was clearly, not much. So if what I hear about a Kodge/cummins is true, and if a powerstroke uses about the same, $9/qt times 10 quarts is, and after filter, about $100. And here, sales tax is 8.7% on top of that. Enjoy. :-/

Ford Truck Articles