Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

sunnova...

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I missed my oil change interval. I'm now 300 miles over, and the new oil is still in the jug. :headbang:

Now, on one hand...it's really no big deal. I'm running synthetic oil, and Ford's OCI is 7500- so my 5k interval is way conservative.

On the other hand...this marks the second time in my vehicle-owning history that I've missed an oil change by so much as a single mile. And the first time, it was a 400 mile weekend trip that ended up being a hair over 1500 by the time I got home. Oil change came due around mile 1400. (And yes, I debated changing it in a parking lot 100 miles from home.)

This time- I just plain lost track. Lost track of what my odometer was the last time ('til I looked it up), and lost track of how fast I've been piling the miles on the last couple weeks. Bad combination, as it turns out...

So- the engineer in me says I've done effectively no harm, but I'm still about sick thinking about how stupid I was. :mad:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Ian..........

It's going to be okay.

Ryan

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
The truck is OK.

I'm worried about me.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I am worried about you too. :D

Oil lasts waaaaaaaay longer than people think.

Ford Truck Articles