Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you work on today

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Just worked on computers. Need to put a new tensioner on the Focus. Threw the belt off put a new one on and it tossed it. So I'm replacing the idler and installing a new tensioner. Got to lift the engine to put them on. Not enough room to get you hand to anything. It's going to be fun.

8b3ea0ec3d72b92b9f01841831459c95.jpg

Output shaft seal and nut 9 speed fuller .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Started building SWMBO a table for her puzzles, gonna suspend this one from the ceiling. Just not sure how I wanna do it yet! I'm thinking hang it with ratchet straps so I can start fabricating a cable winch system to raise an lower it???
301b2d990b438f4bd69d366ca8e243e3.jpg
e6b5de663f713541ff6402f712790001.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
A guy that used to post here m78 made a cool setup for raising and lowering his topper using a HF winch and pulley system I think, looked like it worked well.

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Thanks Jon, also built the inner and second ring of my picnic table, may rebuild the inner to fit better.... or use my air hammer to get it in there[emoji1787][emoji1787]
fc7a7375e00f8f64512c79bc644f3992.jpg
87019d562bafcac552b6d8fc27ecd3b9.jpg

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Thanks, it took me most of the day to get my chop saw set at 22.5 degrees. And to get a wood blade to fit my chop saw

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
Hey Doc, are you planning on running along the joints with a wood burner when you are done? I think that would look really cool.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Hey Doc, are you planning on running along the joints with a wood burner when you are done? I think that would look really cool.

I haven't thought about that, but I will try with it. I've got a few extra inner rings was thinking about making a clock with one. But I'll try the wood burning on one of those[emoji848]

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
I haven't thought about that, but I will try with it. I've got a few extra inner rings was thinking about making a clock with one. But I'll try the wood burning on one of those[emoji848]
Was envisioning the large perfectly aligned spider web pattern, plus, it would camouflage any deviations from the saw blade.

Nice work!

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Was envisioning the large perfectly aligned spider web pattern, plus, it would camouflage any deviations from the saw blade.

Nice work!

I've been thinking about trying my hand at burning some wood with salt water and an old microwave like in some utube videos I've seen. They come out with some really neat patterns

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
I've been thinking about trying my hand at burning some wood with salt water and an old microwave like in some utube videos I've seen. They come out with some really neat patterns
Hmmmm, never heard of that, off too YouTube later.

I've used my soldering iron, wire heated with a torch, or a wood burner, and branding irons of course. All with some degree of success.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts