Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Replace O rings, and more. Now won't start.

1996 Ford F350 7.3 liter 4WD
Replaced O rings on the injectors. Replaced valve cover harness on both sides. Replaced cam position sensor. Changed fuel filter. Checked the oil and the HPOP reservoir, both checked fine. Had no problems starting truck before doing all of the above. However now I only get crank with no start. The WTS comes on but no tach. Any and all suggestions welcome!

blacksnapon

Staff member
1996 Ford F350 7.3 liter 4WD
Replaced O rings on the injectors. Replaced valve cover harness on both sides. Replaced cam position sensor. Changed fuel filter. Checked the oil and the HPOP reservoir, both checked fine. Had no problems starting truck before doing all of the above. However now I only get crank with no start. The WTS comes on but no tach. Any and all suggestions welcome!

You need some way to measure ICP. Thats the high pressure oil needed to work the injectors. You need 400-500 psi to even start. A scan tool that has a "buzz test" would be helpful to see if the electrical part of the injectors are functioning.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I would recheck the oil res the level will have droped when you attempted to start the truck. After doing injector work and draining the oil rails it can take some cranking to get it to fire again.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts