Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Won't start

I have I 1997 7.3 that has been sitting for a while didn't start a while back so I gave up. I wanna try to get it going again though. Yesterday I had put new batteries in it hooked up the battery charger and jumper cables from another truck and it would start. Then I started spraying some starting fluid and after a while it finally started revved straight to 3500rpms and shut off. Every once in a while it would start and rev then shut off. I looked in the fuel filter and it's full off fuel but the motor doesn't seem like its getting fue. What could it be?:headbang:

Michigan
Are there any fuel leaks that are noticeable? Usually you can look down in the valley and see moisture in there.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Could be a number of things. I would pull the fuel filter cover and turn the key on just to make sure of fuel flow. Then you may want to have it scanned for any codes that may help. It may not be getting a rpm signal from the cam sensor, or could have a high pressure oil problem.

Ford Truck Articles