Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cam

Before i put my rebuilt engine in i wantedto do a cam swap. The engine has been rebuilt stock. I am wondering How much lift the stock valve springs can take? Will it be able to handle the .447 lift or should i spend the 50 bucks more and get the cam/lifter/valvetrain kit?
Joe

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sorry, I can't really speak on 300's, but I never think it's a bad idea to just buy the kit. Usually, all the components are matched up better than piecing things together. For only $50, I think it would be worth it regardless.

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
As with Ben, I don't have an exact number on the lift capability of the stock valvetrain, but I can't imagine it having any problems with a .447.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
go ahead and get the kit, I didn't and wound up later haveing to buy it seperatly for more money, because I couldn't get the valves to adjust, after putting in the kit, everything went smooth. I guess the stock parts were weaker for 1, and well worn for another reason

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts