Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Well, I got my car back up

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
As much as I love driving my truck! this stop and go driving in this small city I live in was killing me on gas!
I spent well over $150 in 2 weeks! I have been on the go constantly, but still, I got my butt to work on the car and redid the brake system, it was time and it will make life a lot easier for me, I wont have to play constant chauffeur now.
now don't get me wrong I will still drive my truck probably every day, but not as many miles as I have been
besides it will be easier to tinker with it now

I've been buying propane and driving the truck lately.

Reg Gasoline is up to $1.20 Litre here or $4.80 gallon US

Propane was $0.89 litre today.

Soon I will have to ride the tricycle around town. :(

Shamus

Defector Fidèle
I use mine as a daily driver and I feel your pain, brother. I have even caught myself eye-balling small cars with For Sale signs on them.

Fuel prices will level out and, perhaps, drop to an acceptable level like in the 70's. If and until then, I will bite the bullet as long as I can.

Shamus

Defector Fidèle
I almost hate to respond because of hijacking-appearance but manners rule.

Thank you, Blue Goose. That is original paint and completely hand rubbed. Can't wait to get a DA.

Yes BG, Shamus has one of the most beautiful trucks I've seen.
The rarity of the paint colour is is another reason

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I use mine as a daily driver and I feel your pain, brother. I have even caught myself eye-balling small cars with For Sale signs on them.

Fuel prices will level out and, perhaps, drop to an acceptable level like in the 70's. If and until then, I will bite the bullet as long as I can.
Shamus, I am a Pirate and have been known to hi-jack many a thread, I try not to do so lately? so I do not mind if it happens at all.
I still drive my truck on a daily basis, but now the Ol-Lady as her ride back up so this cuts my mileage down to a bare minimum, I was driving her car around yesterday to check it out good and make sure it was ready for her to have back and man did it feel weird? I was so low to the ground, there were no squeeks and rattle's, the radio worked and worked well? and it runs so quite you cant hear it?? What's Up With That!!!??

Ford Truck Articles