Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1977 F-250 4x4

Hello All,
I am new to the site and Ford restorations. I just bought a '77 F250. She runs good mechanically, but still needs some TLC. I am looking for good links to good parts for her. I also need a driver door and maybe a bed. If anyone can help, I would certainly appreciate it. I will accept links to both internet suppliers and junk/ salvage/ pick-n-pulls located in Florida, Georgia or my sweet home, Alabama known to have some 250's in it.
Thank you for your help.
Doug

broncograveyard.com These guys are great. They sometimes have used stuff, but they are mainly a supplier of new oem and aftermarket parts and accessories. Also, check out LMC truck. Some good stuff there, but be cautious of anything that isn't oem. They do sell some crap aftermarket items. I always try to buy from bronco graveyard before LMC

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Is your F250 a high-boy? That will make a difference in some of the parts.

I've bought parts for my '77(2wd) online from several sources including RockAuto, BroncoGraveyard, lmcTruck, Dennis-Carpenter, NosPartsLmt, TomsBroncoParts, AutoPartsWareHouse and a few others. I like RockAuto because they usually have various better quality options for parts. NosPartsLmt is an OEM distributer. For local parts houses, I like Napa. Parts seem to be better quality than some of the other national chains we have locally.

For the door, any 73-77 F-series door up through F350 should fit.

For the bed, how bad is it? You can get repair panels for just about any part of it so if it isn't totally shot, might be easier to fix the current one.
As for swapping, you can swap beds between high boy and the other frame types, just need to drill new holes and make support blocks to go under the new holes. That's what I've seen done before.

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Might also consider Mac's Antique Auto Parts and National Parts Depot. They both have catalogs for just 48-79 Ford pickups.

Ford Truck Articles