Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need Help

Have posted this on powerstrokenation.com as well but thought id ask you guys....
I am in a pickle and need some advice. I have bought a 2000 F250 crew cab from a damaged vehicle auction to import as parts to Australia.
Anyway it was a high mileage (268k) truck that had a bad repair from a hit in the side. I need everything for a conversion i am doing so regardless of the engine i was going to buy it any way, But i hoped it would run. It has to be pulled apart to come to australia but when i asked the guy that is pulling it apart if it ran this is the reply i got (its not my spelling it as he wrote it);

Have spent over 3 hours trying to start your F 250 and the only way it will even try to go is with starter fluid and when it runs out it stools out. The air filter was not seald so my guess is the motor has been dusted. That means it has had a lot of dust taken in to the motor through the air filter pipe line. Also the way it hunts when I Reyes to start it as if it was trying to run on.
This is also a sign of the motor being dustered

then i as him what he meant, and got this;

The truck hunts when trying to start does not wind over evenly sounds like
> it has different compression in one or more cylinders

he also said on a phone call that the turbo and intercooler were full of oil so the truck may have been rolled at some stage or would this happen from sucking dirt?

So i had him pull it apart anyway thinking i will figure it out when it gets here, but wouldnt mind some of your thoughts. Its going into an earlier truck so will be rewired.
should i?

put it back together and test it myself? or rebuild it while its out (was going to do this anyway but wouldnt mind testing the truck first)?

some photos;
SAM_9367.jpg

SAM_9369.jpg

SAM_9368.jpg

SAM_9370.jpg

SAM_9361.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts