Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

7.3L Performance

Michigan
Anyone else have any performance mods done to their Powerstroke? My dad has a 2002 Powerstroke Crew cab short box 4x4. I Installed a tripple A pillar pod with 3 Autometer Phantom guages, Boost, EGT, and Trans. We had a Transgo Shift kit installed Thanks to Mike Hallas in Romeo Michigan, and i installed the 140 HP TS performance chip, Settings Stock, 50, 75, 100, 140 Extreme, and High Idle. Also did a Zoodad Mod, and blue tubes Foil Delete. Newest mod was the K&N Cone Filter. Planning on getting the Big Paper filter for it when it warms up and the dust starts flying again.

We use it to pull our boat, it pulls it around like a rag doll. Amazing how you cant feel it back there. When i can afford to i want to get a Single cab long box, with either the 6.0 or 7.3 and turn it into a drag truck. Hopeing after college i can get some kind of a diesel performance shop going. Right now im helping out in a late model hemi performance shop.. Pretty sweet but Black Smoke and High Boost is what i like! Heres some pics. Anyone else? Dont leave me hangin!

Gotta wash that engine compartment out. nasty

jhkhjk.jpg

And When its acually clean........

100_2884-1.jpg

7.3Lsleeper

shes a sleeper
FL
ha ha that wats up man i got a 1999 F-250 extended cab/short bed but i got a quad pod, super chiped, k&n intake, garrett turbo, some tranny mods and stuff lol um do u have an exuast kit if u do and u rly want to go drag get a propane injectoin system its worth it lol ;)

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
Thats a nice truck your dad has Mike, those Diesel are awesome , hope to get one very soon myself and a bigger camper to go behind it.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I don't know much about 7.3L performance, but I do have some good experience on the 6.0L. If you want to blow one apart, just ask. :) I'm on engine number 2 currently.

Michigan
Yea im thinking after college and i get a solid auto tec job i might purchase my dads truck and make it a pulling truck. Options are endless from then on.. 7.3Sleeper post up some pics of your truck! HAHA Good one 6L PWR how much power u got at the rear wheels in that thing? Whats done to it!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Good one 6L PWR how much power u got at the rear wheels in that thing? Whats done to it!
Ah, before I blew it apart or now? :) Before, we had 225cc injectors, 64mm turbo and several other mods and were running close to 625-650HP. Now, I'm running stock turbo and injectors and trying to pay off all the mods I had to the first engine. After I get some money together again, I'll start over.

Michigan
NICE lol your truck is a sleeper for sure! Thats awesome

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
NICE lol your truck is a sleeper for sure! Thats awesome
Yeah, it is, NOW. lol I used to call it a "6 Ohly crap!". ROFLMAO I can't tell you how many time I surprised the heck of of some hot rod. The vettes used to really crack me up.

Michigan
lmao, i wouldnt take on any vettes. but id take on some ricers. In your truck it would be a different story! Awesome truck dude!

nothing spectacular but she sure pulls her weight (pun intended smilieneenar )

Jims DIY stage 1's
D66 dominator
17* HPOP
HPX
4-pos chip from Wildman (high-idle, tow, hot, race/extreme)
Banks IC
BB mod
gutted EBPV
3.5" to 4.5" DP to 5" stacks in the bed
6637 air filter
Southbend Con OFE

i am sure i am missing some more but thats the jist of it

-cutts-

Michigan
POST PIC PLEASE! lo

i dont have any wonderful build pics of her but at least you can see the pretty IC tubes! these are actually quite outdated.... this is before i relocated the batteries to the frame, modified my IC tubes to fit my york compressor back in, and i still dont have a good shots of my stacks! this weekend might be a good weekend to update all my pics... lol! BdayBigGrin

intercooler.JPG

intercooler2.JPG

DSCN0276.JPG

-cutts-

Michigan
thats one bad ass truck man!

thanks, i appreciate it!

i have worked my tail off getting her upgraded and updated. i now just have a lot little things i need to focus on (like the headliner is coming down and some messed up trim on the dash). i feel good about her towing my trailer wherever i need. believe it or not i am very pleased with where she is power wise.... reliable and long lasting yet worlds more powerful than stock! the only other major upgrade i have been dying to do is 4 link front and rear axles and set the truck on full airbags!

thanks again for the compliments

-cutts-

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts