Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fumoto Drain

Michigan

Bigredmariner

Just Another Clown
You should be ok, I've known a few guys that have them and they love them. There's not too many people out there that would just crawl under your truck to drain your oil.

Have em, had em, love em. I would make one suggestion, tho; Get a decent brass 90 so that it doesn't stick straight down- then again, they may make some that way by now- and that will help keep it there, should you off-road.

Michigan
Yea no one would think to look under there n e ways.. I hope that i like this one as much as you guys do. Seams aloot easier!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I've never been able to justify the price (only do about three oil changes a year)...but I've also never talked to anyone who regretted buying one.

I have one Mike, and I love it!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Sorry but I don't understand the point... It's to save you from having to screw and unscrew the drain plug? Seriously? Is it really that hard?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Ahh I see... So the problem is that you diesel guys have to keep switching oil pans in order to hold all of the oil as it drains out? That makes more sense.... How about a 5 gallon bucket?

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Ahh I see... So the problem is that you diesel guys have to keep switching oil pans in order to hold all of the oil as it drains out? That makes more sense.... How about a 5 gallon bucket?

Try fitting that under the truck, without a lift...

blacksnapon

Staff member
I have a cut down 5 gal. bucket for my stock truck where a cut down bucket wouldn't be an needed with Mike's or your brothers lifted trucks.
Get either a 55 gallon barrel or one of the 30 gallon drums, then cut it down to fit (we have several at the dealership).

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Do you have power windows?
Apples to oranges comparison... Sometimes I need to roll down the passenger window while driving and I physically cannot reach that side of the truck to crank down the window. This is not a case of people physically not able to remove the drain plug-- they just dont want to.

Now if you cannot seem to fit a big enough container under the truck and you'd have to take the plug in and out a bunch of times, then I could see why you'd need one of these. The OP in this thread doesn't need it-- his truck is tall enough to fit a 5 gal bucket and THEN some.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Hippie, you are speaking like someone who has never changed oil in their life. I'd like on just for the simple fact that NO I do not have a lift to change my oil under and NO I do not want my armpits lubricated with hot oil like the tinman from the wizard of Oz...... I think 30 bucks is good enough for me to NOT want to get covered in hot friggin oil.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hm... It sounds like YOU are the one who has never changed oil... I only had oil run down my arm the very first time that I changed it and learned the trick. When threading the bolt out by hand, unscrew it from the SIDE, with your forearm parallel to the undercarriage of the truck so when the oil hits your hand it cannot go uphill and travel up your arm ;) Come in at it from the side.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Or, if you're lucky you can put force against the plug INTO the pan while UNSCREWING it and it usually keep it at bay...I was a pit monkey for a year buddy.....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts