Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

recommendations please, thinking about alarms for both trucks

boysmomoflabs

completely ignorant~
After driving the little Ranger last week, I've come to appreciate the 150 alot more! This is a biggie as I've resented all the problems it had.

Drove it yesterday and loved it, but realized I need new shocks. After searching this forum came up with Bilsteins as the recommended way to go.

Then I got to thinking....neither truck has remote entry (no biggie) but nor do they have an alarm.

So, this is not something I can install myself (as if I'd try), what is a recommended brand to go with for initial conversation with an installer. I don't want to get "sold" on the house slow mover brand.

94 F150 and 2000 Ranger

(will have pictures of Ranger next Saturday)

Fellro

Staff member
There are many flavors, and many times you will find some of the install shops will only put in what they sell. Much of that has to do with company backing, with whatever you bring in, they have little to no support, and if something goes wrong, they have no recourse, where they would with what they sell. Get one that has the features you want. That will be the key. Be prepared for it to be up to $500 installed to get a unit worth their time to install. Bulldog units can be had for $100 or so, and are intended for the DIY user to install. If you want just a simple security system, they can be had for $60. How good they are don't know, don't really mess with them. If you do not have electric locks now, you will not be able to put remote locks on without adding lock solenoids and wiring for them. (my trucks all are manual locks, none have electric, only one with that is my dad's 84)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts