Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Spring Isolator Install Question. HELP!?!?

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Hey guys... when i was working on my truck a few weeks ago i was looking at my springs next to each other and looked like they were 2 different heights... when i measured them i found out they not only looked different hights they actually were 2 different lengths... (passenger side one was an inch shorter than the driver side)... figuring they were old and worn out i ordered some new ones... along with a new set of spring isolators from energy suspension since i figure the ones on there were probably a good 25 years old...

Well here comes my dilemma... when they got here they didnt have any instructions with them and cant seem to find any explanation on how to put them on... now I do get the disc shaped one goes on top like the original ones were... but the isolator kit came with a Tube looking thing and have no clue where on the spring its supposed to sit or if its even supposed to go on... spent the last hour or so looking online seeing if there were any how to's on it but didnt find any.... can someone tell me if i really do need the tube thing or where it actually is supposed to go on it??

spring1.jpg

spring2.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts