Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What Have You Done to Your FORD Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Had a call on the farm to help a lady jump start her 4 year old $ 80,000 LEXUS SUV!!!! YEA, LOVED ALL THE ATTENTION I GOT !!! when I showed up in the big old Orange F250. Couldn't resist reving the motor with the new dual exhaust !! When some other people came around, I had to say with a very big and proud smile, BUILT FORD TOUGH. Yea baby:guns:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Had a call on the farm to help a lady jump start her 4 year old $ 80,000 LEXUS SUV!!!! YEA, LOVED ALL THE ATTENTION I GOT !!! when I showed up in the big old Orange F250. Couldn't resist reving the motor with the new dual exhaust !! When some other people came around, I had to say with a very big and proud smile, BUILT FORD TOUGH. Yea baby:guns:

Cool story.....I had one similar to that in high school with my 69 Ford Falcon (my first car 20 years ago) and everyone in school was driving their new late 80's early 90's cars and I was jumping one of them....everyone thought I was the one being jumped until they looked closer and mine was the one running. smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I got the darn thornbirds 35's (very rough riding, super loud) off my bump the other day and put some nice all terrain's 33's on there.....looks so much better IMO and rides a thousand times better. My bump also doesn't have p/s, so a huge difference there......next up on the bump is to paint the wheels white, roll on bed liner, then converting/encapsulating the frame, a little body work (bondo/paint - small touchups), some tunes, insulate and carpet the inside so it'll be a tad warmer in the winter.....for starters....my summer project list.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I got the darn thornbirds 35's (very rough riding, super loud) off my bump the other day and put some nice all terrain's 33's on there.....looks so much better IMO and rides a thousand times better. My bump also doesn't have p/s, so a huge difference there......next up on the bump is to paint the wheels white, roll on bed liner, then converting/encapsulating the frame, a little body work (bondo/paint - small touchups), some tunes, insulate and carpet the inside so it'll be a tad warmer in the winter.....for starters....my summer project list.

:post pics:

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Cool story.....I had one similar to that in high school with my 69 Ford Falcon (my first car 20 years ago) and everyone in school was driving their new late 80's early 90's cars and I was jumping one of them....everyone thought I was the one being jumped until they looked closer and mine was the one running. smilieFordlogo

THANKS ! sometimes I get pissed off when all people do is criticize my ride. They forget that it's almost 30 years old and in friggin great shape. Their new cars would be thankful to hit half that age doing what ours do. I guess I'll see them with their hoods up, lmao.smilieFordlogo

Sven7

Derping
^^^ Funny, this spring I had to jump my friend's <10 year old Honda Accord, with my '81 VW. Hehe

Cool, free fuel, well sort of...:) Nice truck !

Thanks, you too! Sh*t's clean. Drawing cars sure beats working three times as long for the same money at a fast food place. ;)

I haven't even touched my truck today. Gotta get that fuel gauge working again, though. At the moment the fuel gauge consists of walking out to the truck in the morning and noting the amount of condensation on the tank. No dew, no gas. :bs:

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE.

TIRES

BEFORE:

side_view_angle_cleaned.jpg

AFTER:

33s_on_it.jpg

I'm going to work on painting the wheels this weekend....can't wait....I have all the stuff I need, I just need to do it!

smiliegitrdone

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
^^^ Funny, this spring I had to jump my friend's <10 year old Honda Accord, with my '81 VW. Hehe

Thanks, you too! Sh*t's clean. Drawing cars sure beats working three times as long for the same money at a fast food place. ;)

I haven't even touched my truck today. Gotta get that fuel gauge working again, though. At the moment the fuel gauge consists of walking out to the truck in the morning and noting the amount of condensation on the tank. No dew, no gas. :bs:

Yup, being self employed is great ! Hope you get the fuel gauge working without much problems.smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Looks great! You'll enjoy the new ride with those tires. ( tires make a big difference) What color are you painting the rims, or will we have to wait and see.:)

Just driving home from the tire place felt like I was in a whole new truck....man, what a difference. I'll really see a difference in the winter from what the PO told me as he couldn't keep the thing on the road in the winter, even in 4WD with the thornbirds.

I asked most of the fellas on here on wheel colors and the consensus was white, so I'm going to do a little sanding by hand and the dremel for some of the little nooks and crannies, put some encapsulator (eastwoods) for a primeable surface, then hit it with white. The only question I had is whether it should be a gloss or flat white. Paint is a tad faded, but still looks good.

What do you think?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Thread closed due to size...please continue in v.2 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts