Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

7.3 cmp sensor recall

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
See everyone, now what Tom is trying to do is get a better mental image of Ryan and I, so later when he's alone he can.... nevermind :rotz:

Again, the obsession with the "nevermind"
Trust me, if ever there were a nevermind, you're it.

and so is your mind.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Whoa wait a minute!! I just read my 'nevermind' comment from the prior page and realized it didn't come out how it was supposed to!!! Hahahaha.

Without being too graphic, I was referring to it being a 'toy' of Ryan's. Not his...

Ughhhh....

NEVERMIND!! :rofl2:

Sometimes you make my job too easy...

Now...

ANY updates on when they'll implement the recall?

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Ford is going to be dishing out a bunch of coin. We hammer the cust a hour diag and 1.5 hrs to r&r at $ 84 an hr.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Just got mine dun...took em less than ten minutes and i noticed bigred runnin a little differnt....better maybe?....

I was under the impression that the sensor either works or it doesn't?

Either way... it is fixed and you had fun watching them and hanging out with the tech.

Enjoy.... 'peace'

BIGRED911

Charter Member
I actualy was talking to the lead tech most of the time...even got a job offer...ill let yall know how that goes next week....

as for the sensor, the magnet pickup at the end is now smaller so the hall effect(i think thats right) is samller, so its a more crisp on and off for the injectors, less dwell..that waz the big deal with the international blue cmp if i rmember right...and yes bigred does run differnt..waz idlein a little funky but found out the tech didnt get the bolt tight enough...i pulled it out and lock tited it so its not comin out now...runns better, sounds differnt and seems to get better milage by just a smidge...

BIGRED911

Charter Member
update on the sensor, bigred runs a little differnt and seems to have lowerd the egt a smidge..25* ta 50* cooler....the high idle seems to fluctuate a little now tho...still havent had a chance to check mpg

BIGRED911

Charter Member
Checked the fuel milage...way better 5 mpg better even with ulsd..even got over 25mpg pullin an x girl freinds 35' horse trailer....and i wasnt easy it at all..had a duracrack that kept wantin to play...he had a smaller, and lighter trailer on and it still couldnt hang on the hills...ha ha...time for a heavier clutch( slipped a time or two on one of the longer hills that we played on) and air bags...

korg70kbc

California Chapter member
sensor recall ?

I had my sensor replaced in 12-06, what do I do? Do I try to hit Ford or my mechanic?
I don't seem to have any problems, then again, its STILL full of little problems

OR
Do I post this in the tech forum?????

Last edited:

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I had my sensor replaced in 12-06, what do I do? Do I try to hit Ford or my mechanic?
I don't seem to have any problems, then again, its STILL full of little problems

OR
Do I post this in the tech forum?????

Bring it to the dealer, they will inspect it, if it's the new style I beleive you get some money back, if it's still the old style they'll replace it with the new one.

korg70kbc

California Chapter member
Update

Thought I'd let u know, yes, I (Of course) have the old one, And yes they'll replace it, AND YES, I Do get my $$$ back for the one I already paid for!! Which is great for me!!!
Thanks smiliepeelout

Bring it to the dealer, they will inspect it, if it's the new style I beleive you get some money back, if it's still the old style they'll replace it with the new one.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts