Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lightning ?

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
What was the last year that Ford made the lightning?

Is any one year better than the other as far as options or more HP and stuff like that?

While we're at it what bodystlye was everyones favorite?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I beleive they lasted through just two bodystyles. confused

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Gen 1 lightning... :) I'd like a 95 or so, if they made them that year. The hopped up 351W would really sink my tater.

Ryan

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
If you wanna go fast, a '03-'04 is the ticket. With light mods they'll run in the high 10's/low 11's in the quarter. Handled nicely too for a pickup.

HEMITHS.jpg

I believe you'll find the first lightening in Genesis....

Right about where Adam told Eve "NO" for the first time....:rofl:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Quite the innovated film, considering it was made BC = before computers.

The Wizard of Oz (MGM 1939)

Before L. Frank Baum wrote the books, he made up the stories he was telling his kids as he went along. When one of the kids asked where the story took place, Baum, caught of guard...looked around and noticed his filing cabinet. On the label, bottom drawer was: O-Z.

I remember the first time I saw it... I had no clue it changed from black and white to color, as all we had was an old black and white. But I do remember reading the credits, and asked my mother if she had seen it when she was 4.
She just walked away laughing, saying "Not if your grandpa's money was going to pay for it".
It was a few more years before I got to see it on a color tv, and was amazed!

Is that Ryan on the right........but how can he post if he doesn't have a brain???
CAN'T be ryan. the one with the red shoes is second from the left.

Ok so i havent seen it in here yet.

2004 was the LAST year ford manufactured the Lightning. Gen 1 was 1993-1995.

Gen 1's had a N/A 351 Windsor with 4.10 Gear ratio in the rear end, Leveled out and wider tires. I believe they used a E40D tranny that may have been tuned.

Gen 2's began in 1999. From 99 to 2000, they had a Supercharged Triton 5.4L V8 pushing 360hp at the rear wheels STOCK! In 2001 Ford gave the Lightning a little more "oomph" tunning the lightning to push 380hp at the rear wheels. Ford also lowered the ride height by about an inch in 2001. The lightnings remained the same for 2001-2004

If you plan on buying a Lightning and want a gen 2, get a 2001 or better.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Got to love this place . Start talking about lightnings and then the Wizard of OZ . You guys think like I do.20 things at a time

Ford Truck Articles