Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gen1 L with........

Hi all, just sign on. I have a gen1 L with a 5-sp..... yeppers a L with a clutch. Its 1 of about 4 I know of the the world..... If your interested, just ask......btw I have pics and vids......

some pics of the L

LightningTOTMpics018-1.jpg
[/IMG]

429boss2.jpg
[/IMG]

100_1187.jpg
[/IMG]

LightningTOTMpics008.jpg
[/IMG]

2008pics007.jpg
[/IMG]

2008pics006.jpg
[/IMG]

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
What trans did you put in? Love that Mustang 429 and The Plum Crazy Duster what little I could see LOL

What trans did you put in? Love that Mustang 429 and The Plum Crazy Duster what little I could see LOL

Its a Tremic TKO-600 with the shifter moved to the farest spot...You could have the shifter at like 8 diff spots. The Boss is my dads very good friend, its got about 9700 miles on it, the Duster is my other toy.

lil vid of the first fire up with the vortech.....turn down your speakers...lol

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Cliff if you're just looking for the lightning performance then it isn't that hard to accomplish from a stock 351. The only added power options, and I'm sure Gen1L5sp will correct me if I'm wrong, are: 4.10 gears, shortie headers, the lightning intake with tubular runners, and gt40 heads. The gen 1 lightning engine is only rated about 40hp above a stock 351 in an F150, as far as I know.

It would probably be more cost effect to turn yours into a 'lightning clone' :)

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Cliff if you're just looking for the lightning performance then it isn't that hard to accomplish from a stock 351. The only added power options, and I'm sure Gen1L5sp will correct me if I'm wrong, are: 4.10 gears, shortie headers, the lightning intake with tubular runners, and gt40 heads. The gen 1 lightning engine is only rated about 40hp above a stock 351 in an F150, as far as I know.

It would probably be more cost effect to turn yours into a 'lightning clone' :)

I'm going to use my 302 that I just rebuilt

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts