Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Half cab or full ?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Lets get this place going. I dont know much about the pre77 Broncos. I did build one one time but sold before put motor in it. And want to get another.

I had drove it a little before resto and loved the halfcab. Which do you like ? I know no cab is the best but it gets cold here.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
The pre77 bronco's are awesome. I'd also go with a full cab.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I think the half-cab is cooler than the full cab...

But since I'm not really that into full-on single purpose rigs, I'd probably go full-cab so I could throw a bunch of camping gear and stuff in the back and have it stay dry.

Proeliator

Pacific Northwest Chapter member
I also think the half cabs are cooler than the full cabs, and they are a heck of alot easier to take on and off by yourself and store. If you don't usually travel with a pack of people in your rig, I vote half cab.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
How about the EB's with the canvas top and doors? Ever seen one?

This was a Ford factory option, not aftermarket.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
How about the EB's with the canvas top and doors? Ever seen one?

This was a Ford factory option, not aftermarket.

I had the door inserts Factory or after who knows . But top was gone .And considering climate I betfew made it to PA. They r cool and I love the look but no doors and kids ah no !! Bummer.

F One Fifty

Sometimes here. Really.
I've owned a 66 and a 73, both full cabs. If you have bucks to keep the doors and all the rubbers in good shape, you shouldn't get too much rattle-t-bang out of the back top window, like my 73 had. The 66 was quiet as a church mouse.

As for warmth, if that's a priority, I'd go with the half cab. Besides... I think the half cabs look pretty tough. Ive seen a few around that were jacked up, big wheeled and they looked just FINE!!

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Ow I have access to both cabs as thats all thats left on most here. Since it would be a summer take to church ride . Doubt the top would ever be on.

Its just one of many project trucks I have

platinum01

Missouri Chapter member
i had a 67 with a full cab and a 73 with the half cab. the only problem i had with the half cab was you would have to role down the window to release the presure in the cab to close the door. it kinda sucked in the rain.

I'm 6'2", and don't think the seat would go back far enough in a half cab. I have a bestop soft top on mine, it's great (I doubt I'll put the hard top back on until the soft top is wore out). I don't think it's much colder than the hard top was, not that it mattered. The Bronco heater don't work well enough to heat that much space, an aftermarket heater for the back is next on the list before next winter (Colorado winter @ 7,000 ft!). Love zipping out the windows in the summer, though!

Half cabs are my pic for most things. They are eas to heat, not much rattle, and easy to remove. If you have kids it is not so cool since you can't drive your rig with the whole family. The full tops are also cool for camping, kids, and daily driving. If your heater works correctly it will heat the whole cab. Also, if you have all the stock seals, snubbers, brackts, and bolts... it will not rattle much-if at all. I am a half cab fan, but I wheel alot and don't want to smash a good ful top.

Bronco69, where are you located? What are half cabs going for in your area? I can't seem to find many around here (strange, since there are a lot of EB's), and all the aftermarket seem to be super expensive, not to mention fiberglass instead of steel.

Larry B

Larry B
Mine is a full cab and that was necessary when the kids were home. Now that they are raised and it is just the wife and I , I would like the 1/2 cab with a bench seat. Not worth changing though.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts