Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Built Ford Tough!

this shows how built ford tough smilieFordlogo really means that. i ran into the rear of a car today and look at my truck. only thing wrong is the grill needs replacing and it was already messed up to begin with ha. and the car i hit the trunk was in the back seat!

Attachments

• fg.jpg

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
^^^Yeah seriously

And also I know the "law" says its my fault but if someone that doesnt know how to drive hits the brake as hard as they can right in front of me I dont have enough time to stop and to not hit them. It wont my fault and I was just stating that fords were tough. No need to get all defensive about it

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
If you had given yourself proper following distance to account for unexpected things like that, you would not have hit them. Just saying... ;)

Last edited:
So what kind of vehicle did you sodomize with your truck?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
If I rear ended someone I wouldn't be bragging about how tough my truck was. Were the people in the car injured ?

^^^Yeah seriously

If you had given yourself proper following distance to account for unexpected things like that, you would not have hit them. Just saying... ;)

AGREED.....................

i mean... i have people slam on their brakes all the time in front of me... but i give enough room to get my big ole hunk of junk stopped.....

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Yeah I allow plenty of room and thankfully haven't had an issue when people slam on their brakes. I'm sure they had some reason as why they had to.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Good grief, I'm starting to realize why I quit hanging around. Ya'll are ragging on the guy for nothing. Who wouldn't be slightly proud it didn't hurt there truck if they totaled a car. Especially if the jack*****'s cut him off/pulled out infront of him. (which I'v had happen many, many times.. and come close to running a few of them over. While obeying all traffic laws.) and he made no mention of anybody getting hurt, so I don't see why everybody's got there panties in a wad.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
No one is ragging on him. If I totaled someone's car I would be thankful no one was hurt. I wouldn't be bragging about my truck. And if people stop coming to websites because someone has an opinion that sounds like a personal problem. Even the original poster doesn't seem upset about anyone's response. I'm glad no one got hurt and he can still drive his truck. The other people are not so lucky. I don't think they are on a gm site saying 'yippee my car was crushed by a ford'.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

I won't say that's always the case...especially when driving one of my older heavier rigs. There are plenty of times where I do in fact give myself plenty of room to stop, then some jack wagon comes flying up passed me, cuts me off, squeezes in between me and the car I'm following and slams on his brakes because the guy I was following isn't going fast enough, but now the guy that cut me off is boxed in by a semi, and the jackwagon has nowhere to go, but to rapidly slow down. Now the 40 or so feet I left in front of myself, dropped to maybe 10 feet...and chances are, the jackwagons car decelerates quicker than mine does.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
Don't feel bad du de.. I had a 2010 1500 c**vy rear end me a couple months ago cuz he was on the cell phone....destroyed his truck and just put a quarter size ding in my tailgate which I popped out when I got home...as soon as I saw that he was fine and his truck was totaled I laughed so hard I almost died....he seemed slightly irritated....mostly because I offered to tow him somewhere with a huge grin on my face

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I know how that is - I've had a few close calls in my rigs. They don't like to stop on a dime! (more like 10,000 dimes :D) Glad nobody was hurt, though.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Some of you guys are acting like nagging wives. Yeah, when you rear end someone, it's about 90% your fault but c'mon.... Look how the truck held up.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles