Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My IDI is back!

Fellro

Staff member
Well, really close.. ;) After sitting waiting for me to get around to trying to deal with whatever took it down, I finally have it running like it should. It went down a few years ago now, and just haven't taken the time to finish up. I did spend time taking the front covers off to be certain the timing was right on the IP since the friend's uncle took it off by taking the top cover off. They swapped a used 7.3 pump on, which apparently needs help as well, since it was dead for power and didn't respond properly. They had scrapped (much to my dismay, it was a nice rig!) an 84 truck and he let me snag some parts off it. Had a new starter and the IP was pretty clean, so I grabbed that with a few other pieces. I had tried my original pump again, but it just would not bleed out, so I swapped to the 84 pump now, and it sounds beautimus! Good thing the IP isn't that hard to swap... Looking forward to getting it out and being able to run it again. The 88 has gotten me through, but it just isn't as much truck.. ;)

Now to make some other decisions.. 5 speed swap, which I have, and turbo, or put the turbo on the 84 with the 3.55 and extended cab...

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles