Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

97 aerostar 3.0L lower coolant hose bypass leak

3.0L engine the bypass hose goes into the temperature sending unit fitting and the metal hose fitting leaks where it goes into the hex shaped fitting.
My question is can I replace the fitting that houses the temp sending unit and bypass hose. I ask because I have a service manual and the part is never identified with a number on page 03-03-28 and 29 it points to the tube as bypass fitting. Lucky for me I can wait to fix it for a little while but if the unscrews from where its connected to the engine it can be an easy fix. will replace lower hose at same time as I'll be there anyway.

It appears that it connects to the front of the intake manifold but as we know its hard to determine I went to the junk yard but didn't find a year that uses the bypass hose. 97. 96 and maybe 95. would really appreciate it if someone is familiar with this part before I screw up :headbang: I also spent time looking for a picture of the intake manifold but doesn't show fitting on ones I found, so I think maybe it connects to a part that connects to the intake manifold. I know I carry on but before I hit the dealership parts dept. I like to know what I'm looking for. Thanks for any input.

dealer found part on his computer after searching fro over 20 minutes never had a good picture of the part but it was the match to the service manual and my phone pic. $33 and change. will install this weekend. part F77Z-18599-ZZ same part on the 97 Ranger takes a 1" wrench or metric thats larger as its a tight fit on original easy on the new one

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Cool that you found the part and followed up here! YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles