Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2014 f-350 6.2L

Recently bought this 2014 f350 6.2L and just put a new k&n cool air intake (which sounds amazing). I'm looking for any tips on any upgrades such as a tuner and throttle body. Thanks, Zach
f84b6737f5b899e9aa70cbb263113401.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
cant help ya with upgrades but can tell ya sweet lookin truck..

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Wow, sweet truck!

Why try to milk a few horsepower and try to out engineer the engineers at Ford? Drive it and love it!

Ryan

beeecaaaauuusssseeee.... *drum roll*

tim-allen-home-improvement-more-power-urgh-urgh-oh-oh.jpg

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Nice truck!

There are tuners out there- 5 Star seems to be the most popular. Here's the thing: reading reviews of owners who bought them them, there's next to zero gain in performance or gas mileage using a tuner with a gas motor in a late model truck. Doesn't matter what make, the huge gains (or even measurable gains) aren't to be had. Now diesel... different story entirely. That being said, there's also the potential downside of some very expensive repairs if that 800+HP diesel grenades (or grenades a tranny along with it).

Me- I'd just drive it and enjoy it.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I agree. Now you can drive a 3.5L ecoboost off the lot with 400+ horsepower. Ford has responded to customer demand for a truck with LOTS of horsepower, and still get decent gas mileage.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I agree. Now you can drive a 3.5L ecoboost off the lot with 400+ horsepower. Ford has responded to customer demand for a truck with LOTS of horsepower, and still get decent gas mileage.

True, though I've seen on some Ecoboost groups I'm on that there are gains to be had with it, especially if you're willing to run premium fuel. Not sure if the same holds for the 6.2 but maybe

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
True, though I've seen on some Ecoboost groups I'm on that there are gains to be had with it, especially if you're willing to run premium fuel. Not sure if the same holds for the 6.2 but maybe

Spark advance "listens" for detonation and advances according to the quality fuel you use- no tuner needed, does it by itself. Turbo's have a bit more wiggle with tuners because you can play with wastegate programming. Again, not true with the 6.2.

Ford Truck Articles