Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

01 Escape Interior Light Not Working With Door Open

My front interior light/map lights combination does come on when the doors open. The map lights will work independently when switched on. The rear seat and cargo area lights work when the doors open. Does anyone know if the front interior lights are not designed to work in conjuction with the other lights when the door is opened?

My 06 all three come on with door open because I have them set that way. Interior and rear light have three position switches to turn on independently or with door open or completely off.

Thanks for the reply. My 01 has a moonroof and does not have a 3 position switch like the back two. Do you have a moonroof? I am not beyond missing the switch on the front map lights but I have not seen one.

Yes i do have a moonroof. I just looked at mine and it doesn't have any type of switch other than on off.

I am late to the party, but are you saying your front map lights don't light up when the doors are open. Thanks for replying to the original post.

Ford Truck Articles