Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tow/Haul Light flashing on my 2006

So coming home yesterday from our camping trip the tow/haul light started to flash. this was about 40 miles into the trip. So we pulled over, the tranny fluid looked low, so I added alittle more. The light stopped flashing, but maybe another 20 miles it started again, we pulled over and it stopped. We got to a rest stop and after about 20 minutes, I called Good Sams Roadside, there tech said to take it out of tow/haul mode and so we left the rest stop and it was good for just about 40 miles. We hit another rest stop, at this point we were about 80 miles from home. I did not feel any difference in the truck shifting or if it was acting different. The light flashed again, sometimes going off, then coming back on. We hit two more rest stops, letting the truck rest. We left the last rest stop, we were already halfway up a big hill on the Mass Pike and after 5 miles the light came on, but then after a few miles it stop and from that point to my house ( which was just over 50 miles) it never came back on.

The truck is a 2006 F250 gas that just hit 100,000 miles. New motor put in over the winter and a few years back had the cam phasers and some work done on it.

Could this be some sensors, etc that is starting to go and needs to be replaced?

THanks

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts