Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Rebuilt Title - Great deal, or headache?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Just going to throw this in here....
Good friend had a Hyundai and it got trashed by hail....he got 5k from insurance but to get that $$ had to give up the car and it was "written off"...I knew the car as he drove it daily....written off was a far cry from what it was....dented..yes, written off..no.
Guess it would depend on what the rebuilt title involved, would have to look on an individual basis.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I went and saw it, and it didn't pass the smell test. There was rippling on the roof where the 'repair' was. The interior roof liner didn't sit correctly and looked trashy.

We're trying to get something nice for my wife to ride around it, we're moving on. I tripped over a clean 2010 Taurus, but I can't get the bonehead seller to meet me. He stood me up, but the asking price is such a screaming deal that I'm going to tolerate his nonsense.

Ryan

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Ok. I'm in the industry so I must chime in.

Ruuuuuunnnnnnn..

The majority of salvage title vehicles on the road are done by shady shops, that are looking to make a quick buck.

We've seen "rebuilt" title cars come through.. Just junk..

In TN.. I'm not sure about other states, but Tennessee literally only turns the key over, verifies all the warning lights work.. Start the vehicle, verify they all go off.. And bam. Passes for a rebuilt inspection..

They never once look at the quality of repair..

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Update on the Taurus!

2010 Taurus, 101k miles, clean title, great looking car (blueish). SEL trim package, black leather interior, sunroof... I'll find out about the rest of the gadgets tonight, but unless something is totally awry, we'll probably buy it.

It turns out this car is owned by the KC Royals and is a company car for a scout to drive ballpark to ballpark. It's practically all highway miles, and I doubt 4/5 seats have even been sat in.

Ryan

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Update on the Taurus!

2010 Taurus, 101k miles, clean title, great looking car (blueish). SEL trim package, black leather interior, sunroof... I'll find out about the rest of the gadgets tonight, but unless something is totally awry, we'll probably buy it.

It turns out this car is owned by the KC Royals and is a company car for a scout to drive ballpark to ballpark. It's practically all highway miles, and I doubt 4/5 seats have even been sat in.

Ryan

That actually sounds like a decent deal!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Update on the Taurus!

Ryan

I've driven a 2010 Taurus(company pool car) and was quite pleased. It still only has 30,000 miles, but I bet engine hours are WAY beyond that.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I've driven a fleet Taurus, too. Bit of a yacht, and not quite as big inside as it seems outside, but until the new Fusions started showing up, it was my favorite fleet car. (Well, that and it miled-out and got replaced by a Caravan. :( )

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Congrats Ryan!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Nice......:post pics:

Ford Truck Articles