Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Where will I ever...

Find a replacement for this joint? 1976 F-250 highboy.

Picture-1.jpg

It's the one that connects the steering box arm to the hydraulic cylinder. I've never had one of these "hydro assist" or whatever you want to call it systems, so this is all pretty foreign to me...

The joint looks to be rebuild-able, but I haven't messed with it yet. I've done some internet searching... Haven't found much.

Any help would be appreciated!

Derek.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I haven't inquired about that particular part...but my parts sources for the Bendix power assist have been Lars out of ohio, Redhead, Dennis Carpenter and surprisingly...NPD stocks some parts (usually a vendor for the previously listed).

I was on the DC website today and found a replacement kit for that assembly. That's funny, because I could have sworn that I had checked DC for that part before.

Ended up ordering an additional 19 parts for my truck, haha!

Thanks!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Funny how that works... "I only need this. Oh, look at that!"

I got a rebuild kit for mine when I bought my 76 in 1999, they said it had been setting on the shelf for years and they thought they'd never sell it. My power steering didn't work, I installed the kit and it started working. It steers easier to the right than it does to the left, but it is very subtle. Pretty easy to rebuild, if I remember right... Eventually I'm gonna install real power steering off of somthing else and be done with it. Good luck, these can be a real pain the the butt.

Ford Truck Articles