Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thanksgivin week project

Possum

Georgia Chapter member
SooOoo, got some time off for thankgivin and decided to start work on the leakin C6.

Pulled into my uncles shop and got started, never dropped a tranny before in my life. My uncle said it would be a 45min job....................................................................................................................6 1/2 hrs later we had it out:headbang:

Of coarse we took lots of breaks to stand by the bon-fire (cold no heat in the shop) and we had to weld a plate on the floor jack to support the tranny and at least 5 of those hours was spent huntin tools.

All in all I'd say it went good, still gotta replace the seals in the front (thank God it wasn't the transfercase leakin) and I kinda dread goin back in with it, that won't be till christmas break thou. Also when I crunk her up that mornin fuel started pourin outta the fuel pump, gotta replace it, small chore thou.

Good news: found a set of headers that'll fit ol yeller and a nice pair of cherry bombs for the '07 layin round the shop, sounds like I'm gonna be busy come christmas smilieFordlogo

Another Thanksgiving project...Gone wrong

I had a few days off for the holiday as well and deceided to pull in this old 79 f-250 4x4 my buddy hooked me up with. All four tires are flat and off the bead .so me and my helper (my 10 year old daughter) set out to get this thing ready to pull up on the trailer since it hasn't run in years. So i go get some 16 inch tires I had laying around mounted on some wheels I had lying around and "VIOLA" we're in business. NOT! Every lug nut had to come all the way off with a breaker bar:headbang: As any good generation 6 fellar knows, you cant put 16x8 inch wheels on the front of this beast or they'll lock up on the rotor, so I just run the lug nuts up enough to let the wheels roll, after all it's just going on the trailer. This baby may not have ran for a while or had the best body but it had a good grille, grille shell, and bumper. Notice I said had. I decided since I already had the tractor there and I was just less than a mile from home we could just pull it home "easy" There was nothing easy about it. To finally get to the point the truck didn't have any brakes and the tractor couldn't stop it, with out damage that is. Broke the grader blade killed the right fender on the tractor and busted the grille, ruined the grille shell, and destroyed the bumper of the truck. So i torn up a $1,000 worth of stuff and ended up with a $10 truck. The end! :guns: Oh ya after that we hooked the truck from the back and pushed it the rest of the way, well most of the rest of they the way then the dang front wheel fell off in the middle of the road so we unhooked from the rear and attached to the front (again) for the remaining 150 yards

Last edited:
Viola ? a Bass Fiddle ?

J/Ting

Voila !

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Also when I crunk her up that mornin fuel started pourin outta the fuel pump, gotta replace it, small chore thou.

lol'd at the new past tense of 'Crank'

Pulling a transmission is one of those jobs that takes between 10min and 10 hrs...

I've pulled c6s in 45 mins, but I pulled one out of a chevy once that took all day, so go fig.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Don't take it personal, he corrects everyone's spelling.

Ryan

I do it with the best of intentions.. Humour

I know lots of Merkin's that spell it Walla which also wrong

But it is a french word .. Voila = pronounced..... Vwa La

You'll get used to me I am not a monster:)

Welcome to FTE !

Possum

Georgia Chapter member
I had a few days off for the holiday as well and deceided to pull in this old 79 f-250 4x4 my buddy hooked me up with. All four tires are flat and off the bead .so me and my helper (my 10 year old daughter) set out to get this thing ready to pull up on the trailer since it hasn't run in years. So i go get some 16 inch tires I had laying around mounted on some wheels I had lying around and "VIOLA" we're in business. NOT! Every lug nut had to come all the way off with a breaker bar:headbang: As any good generation 6 fellar knows, you cant put 16x8 inch wheels on the front of this beast or they'll lock up on the rotor, so I just run the lug nuts up enough to let the wheels roll, after all it's just going on the trailer. This baby may not have ran for a while or had the best body but it had a good grille, grille shell, and bumper. Notice I said had. I decided since I already had the tractor there and I was just less than a mile from home we could just pull it home "easy" There was nothing easy about it. To finally get to the point the truck didn't have any brakes and the tractor couldn't stop it, with out damage that is. Broke the grader blade killed the right fender on the tractor and busted the grille, ruined the grille shell, and destroyed the bumper of the truck. So i torn up a $1,000 worth of stuff and ended up with a $10 truck. The end! :guns: Oh ya after that we hooked the truck from the back and pushed it the rest of the way, well most of the rest of they the way then the dang front wheel fell off in the middle of the road so we unhooked from the rear and attached to the front (again) for the remaining 150 yards

Dang man, sounds like my kinda luck - if it can go wrong, it will

Possum

Georgia Chapter member
This is FTF, but no one begrudges humor.

Ryan

Had to look it up:

be·grudge (b-grj)
tr.v. be·grudged, be·grudg·ing, be·grudg·es
1. To envy the possession or enjoyment of: She begrudged him his youth. See Synonyms at envy.
2. To give or expend with reluctance: begrudged every penny spent.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm just glad see ol' Murphy doesn't just like hanging out with me.

FTF

Thanks for all the welcoming comments. I am always ready to be corrected because it only makes you smarter. So voila instead of viola. I was pretty close I guess. So far I really like site, my wife facebooks and I'm not into that but I am into FORD TRUCKS.

Ford Truck Articles