Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Driver Side Door Not Unlocking

I drive a 2004 Ford Ranger. When I use the remote to unlock my truck, there is a grinding electrical sound, and the driver side door does not unlock. The passenger side does, though. Also, when I try to use my key to unlock the door, the driver's side door will not unlock with the key. I can open the driver's side door from the inside by using the handle, but the electric lock button will not unlock the door. It seems like the piece that pops up when the truck is unlocked has a hard time raising to unlock the door. Neither my boyfriend nor I can figure out what the problem is. If anyone could help with this issue, that would be great. I find that when I take my truck in for any problem, people at the dealership try to take advantage of the fact that I'm female and don't know much about cars. I'd like to have some idea of what is going on before I take it in anywhere to get fixed.

Fellro

Staff member
It can be as simple as sticking linkage or a failing solenoid. Without actually taking the door panel off and checking things out, it is difficult to know exactly the issue. If it is still making sounds when you hit the button, you at least know it is still getting power.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts